My New Gabrieli Bulldog Has Arrived! (Pic Heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
After what seemed like weeks (but was actually only 11 days and included New Year) my new Gabrieli bulldog arrived today. Hoorah! No more checking the USPS Tracker to see whether it has moved in the last 5 minutes. No more looking at the pics in the thread showing the making of a beauty - http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/the-making-of-a-gabrieli-bulldog-pic-heavy. No more wondering what she would look like/feel like/weigh in the flesh briar. No mail-order bride was ever so eagerly anticipated...
The lines are crisp yet sensuous, with a wonderful contrast between the light - almost natural - finish and the black of the palm wood and the stem. There is a solidity, but she's so well-balanced that there is virtually no pressure on the clench. The bowl has sturdy walls but a real capacity and - best of all - she fits my hand perfectly. Dan Chlebove strikes again. And I'm very happy!
The first bowl is Solani Silver Flake.
vIjIeFe.jpg

ZqA80Rw.jpg

HPKJPjxl.jpg

vnx4Cfbl.jpg

Andy

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Looks good Andy.
Dan did a great job with the heel of the bowl. I really like how that comes to a point and follows the diamond shank of the bulldog.
I hope you get decades of pleasure out of her

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
Beautiful. The grain is to die for. Congrats and may it only be used in health and happiness.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That's gorgeous! Excellent choice of tobacco as well. Silver Flake is one of my regulars. Been thinking about a good bulldog myself, might have to hit up my buddy Bruce for a sandblasted one.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Absolutely beautiful.

& leave your avatar as is! (Just my opinion) As beautiful as your Bulldog is......

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
You and the pipe are both looking good, sir. I had the opportunity to inspect this pipe prior to shipment, and I was genuinely moved by it's grace and elegance. I didn't want to let it go. But John kept wanting it back to compare with his pipe, only to keep finding new reasons why yours is better.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I didn't want to tell Andy that his beloved virginal pipe had been passed around like a two-bit whore, fingered, fondled and drooled upon by a bunch of semi-intoxicated middle-aged men in the basement of an old rail depot. But there you have it.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Please forgive Woods, Andy.
Tourette's is a terrible disease and the poor man just can't help himself.
Your new burner from Dan is beautiful and I hope your grandkids pull shivs on each other in 75 years to claim ownership.
That pipe would be worth a knife fight in a phone booth.
Fnord

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Thank you so much gents for your kind comments. I am delighted with my new Gabrieli and if she comes pre-groped - even by Dan - then I can handle that. I think!
Andy

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Wow, I can only reiterate what others have said. A little flashy but all classy, what a pipe!

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
The leopard spot band is my favourite bit, that and the grain on the underside. Definitely one you'd smoke in public :)

Status
Not open for further replies.