PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwolf

Lurker
Jul 28, 2013
I have been meaning to buy this pipe for 15 months. My daughter was born on Christmas day 2013. I've wanted to get a christmas 2013 pipe since then to comemorate the occasion. I did not like the Savinelli St. Nicholas line for that year. I can't come close to affording a Dunhill, but the Peterson is very nice.
With a new baby though and the Mrs. Not working for a year it was hard to spend even $100 on a pipe though. But as time goes on the availability of a limited edition pipe becomes an issue. Last week i finally was in a position to buy one. I snapped up an XL20 version and it arrived Thursday.
Beautiful pipe, the nicest I have now, and most expensive. My other pipes have come from ebay second hand, which I have refurbished and enjoyed, with the exception of a clay, some missouri meerschaums and a Savinelli Qandale that I treated myself to once.
Tonight I loaded half a bowl of Dunhill Nightcap in my new prize, and set to work with the final sanding of a Czech mini churchwarden (my first pipe come to think of it). The laquer had started to bubble, and i enjoy the pipe for trying new blends. So it shall be my first refinishing.
With that done, but my new pipe still going, I decided to write this. I am exceptionally content at the moment. Sitting in the garage listening to classic rock, drinking a Dos Equis, and smoking such a nice, and sentimental pipe.
I'll post a picture of pipe when I go inside.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
A beautiful moment of peace with a pipe and a good beverage. Enjoy my friend. Congrats on that XL20, very nice pipes.

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
Congrats on your pipe! It doesn't matter if it cost 10 or 1000 bucks, if it smokes well and you enjoy it, then it is great pipe.

jwolf

Lurker
Jul 28, 2013
20150507_203558%255B1%255D.jpg

Photo

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
Very nice! The XL20 is the same shape as the "Rathbone" from the Sherlock Holmes series.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Very nice pipe jwolf and even more special now due to the waiting and the sentimental value! :puffy:

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
I enjoy my two Peterson's, the first pipes I bought, and would buy more. Getting a pipe to commemorate a birth is a very cool idea. Far better than a box of cigars.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Nice pipe. I have the same shape in the Claddagh line and its a great smoker, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
That's the reason I bought my Peterson Christmas 2012. My daughter was born 12/21/2012. It's nice to have a commemorative pipe like that!
Beautiful pipe by the way!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Your daughter will be tickled when she's old enough to understand about your pipes. You can smoke it Christmas night to celebrate her birthday during a special time for her.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
That's some mighty fine birds eye on that one! I also bought a xmas 2013 but I got the 05 calabash shape. I love my Petersons!

Status
Not open for further replies.