PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
I just couldn't resist. On Ebay, Harris pointed me in this direction, hearing that Will Purdy was a fine maker. One of his claims to fame is that he drills the stem and briar all in one shot-not separately, to control air flow. And, meticulous attention to stem detail. Making very few pipes per year. Very rare that his pipes appear as estates.
willpurdytadpole6_zps9f959fc0-1.jpg
[/url][/img]
willpurdytadpole4_zpsfef84b12-1.jpg
[/url][/img]
willpurdytadpole3_zpsea63a03a-1.jpg
[/url][/img]
wilpurdytadpole2_zpsfe502141-1.jpg
[/url][/img]
willpurdytadpole1_zps2435c165-1.jpg
[/url][/img]
Nice easy draw, excellent weight, excellent to clench even though it is mostly straight.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
The fellow bought it new and if he smoked it, I just don't see any evidence of it. It came in clean as a whistle. Nothing on the stem at a all and the bowl looked unused
I'm dedicating this to va's and the escudo smoked quite well
Dry through 98 per cent of the bowl
This should be a keeper
Thank you, gents

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
Now that is nice. I'm not one for non traditional shapes but that is a beauty.
Agreed heartily. Purdy's shapes have appealed to me since I first saw them in 2006, then met him at the 2007 Chicago show. He and his wife are great people and while I'm not a fan of most out-there shapes, his resonate for me. Also, his billiards and belges and other traditional shapes are really nice interpretations.

Dec 24, 2012
Very nice Allan. Lovely blast and I like the shape. Been looking for a Purdy for some time. I had planned to look in Chicago.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
It is a slightly unusual shape, one that I ordinarily wouldn't have gone for. (I just love bents)
But his attention to detail about drilling and his stem work pushed me over the edge.
The devil made me do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.