PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzkirk

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
My newest addition to the rotation a Hardcastle special quality blasted billiard !
This is as close as I'm going to get to a Dunhill, it resembles all those Dunhill shell briars that I keep drooling over.
I have identified the flaw that kept it from being a Dunhill, just a slip of the hand during rustication that left some tool skip marks and 2 tiny gouges in the shank and stem.

this pic makes it look purple for some reason, but I'll show it anyway.

I'm just so happy to have gotten this in such great shape, slightly smoked with only slight tooth chatter

Tom

buzkirk

Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
^ With this one, it has me holding steady at 11
I sold all 4 L'Anatras, my Ardor Fantasy, 2 Tim Wests, Ben Wade and my 4 Mario Grandi.

Downsized to just what I smoke, or really need.
Tom

buzkirk

Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
Well since everyone likes pics, thought I would post a pick of my collection as it stands today

Left side

Tim West sidewalker

Unknown Austrian block meer

Hardcastle special quality

Bennington Guardsman London made #97

Johs apple Hexagonal shank

Custombilt

Winton rosewood tamper with leather sheath
Right side

Ardor Giove 2003

Stanwell Featherweight #244 (thanks Msandoval)

Lorenzo Ambra #733

Jobey Stromboli #300

Filterwell bulldog

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Tom:
That Hardcastle alone proves you can get a great burner on a budget. You've got a good eye and an appreciation for classic styles.
Jobey is another name often overlooked. Ownership of that brand was punted around like a football but the majority of Jobey pipes I've owned were very good to excellent smokers. I'm glad you found one worth keeping in your rotation.
Fnord

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Nice addition, and nice collection! I really like that Stanwell horn, that's a shape I've always wanted, but never found one I liked ( in my price range) enough to buy.

Oh by the way, how does that Jobey smoke for you? I have a "355" Stromboli myself. It smokes like a champ, and I love the rustication on it! It looks like it was coughed up from a volcano!

Status
Not open for further replies.