My New Devil Anse by Gabrieli (Pic Heavy)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
We don't have the 'Hatfields & McCoys' mini-series in England, so few people have heard of Devil Anse. Even fewer people in this country have seen a Devil Anse pipe. I was fascinated by those I saw on PM.com and knew that I wanted a Devil Anse, but I was stymied by the fact that there didn't seem to be one pattern - beyond a short stem and capacity bowl. Then I thought "Sod it - I bet Dan Chlebove can design and make one.", so I called Dan. Off he went, a man on a mission. Dan researched the pipe and the different versions, asked me some questions, and came back with his idea. I have virtually no artistic imagination; when Dan called to explain his vision, I just picked up the 'phone and said "Yes" (with apologies to William Shatner). As always, Dan involved me in the making of my pipe, with pictures and commentary, and the result is the beauty below. The favourite in my collection, bar none. Short but with a full-sized bowl, this Devil Anse has superb lines and is extremely good to handle. The thick walls of the bowl keep things cool, while the olive wood band and tortoise-shell mouthpiece add colour and set the whole thing off perfectly. Thank you Dan.
WsSbVodl.jpg

jfmCekNl.jpg

xgZblmG.jpg

LOBp7Oq.jpg

CAeRnIz.jpg

OzHVeo8.jpg

sNHeZNg.jpg

7kNWste.jpg

9EBZHmj.jpg

VFsRAX0.jpg

wjRQXXk.jpg

Andy

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Man alive, you guys are killing me with the posts of your beautiful commissions today! Wonderful pipe, I don't have a Devil Anse yet but I am intrigued by them. Congrats!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Beautiful, Andy. You leave me no choice but to have Dan make me another pipe. I'm just not sure what shape I want next. I guess I'll just have to speak with him Tomorrow night at the pipe club meeting.

I'm anxious to hear your mates' reaction to the Devil Anse.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
What a wonderful thing to see. A progression of great photos of the construction of a classic Dan Chlebove pipe.

Simply stunning work, Dan. And you are a smart man, Andy.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't know which is better, that incredible pipe with its outsized bowl and snazzy stem or the photos on it's creation. You now have a pipe with a baby book.

dixie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2013
That is amazing. Love the shape, color, grain, stem…what a great pipe! Enjoy!

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That sir is a lovely pipe!
One more shape to add to my growing PAD list.
Enjoy your beautiful new pipe. :puffy:

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
Awesome addition, and I'm sure a much welcomed one. Seems I have another addition to my wish list!

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Great choice Andy and VERY NICE work Dan! I've always loved the devil anse shape. Dan's works and style just makes it even more desirable.
Can you provide dimensions when get you them? Or maybe Dan can chime in.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Gentlemen - thank you for your kind words. The pleasure is all mine; the kudos is all to Dan. For those interested, his site is at www.gabrielipipes.com and also https://m.facebook.com/gabrielipipes?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fgabrielipipes. I have not idea of the spec, but I'm sure Dan can oblige.
@woodsroad - it was pure luck mate, but thanks for that!
Andy

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Very nice! Had been debating a devil anse myself. Wander what one with a heavy craggy sandblast would look like?.... oh, Bruce! :mrgreen:

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
This is off the top of my head, it is appx 2" high with a chamber .85". The pipe is 4.78" long.

Thanks for noticing that cant peck ;) and thank you all for your kind words.

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.