PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Call me impressed! Floyd Norwood not only came through for me but went above and beyond. This stem is a beauty! All in a less than week's time. I sent it this past Monday and received it today (Saturday).
And to top it off, he polished the bowl's rim (without me asking or him charging). Originally I cleaned the rim a bit, but the wood was still dull. Now it looks like brand new!
stem1.jpg

stem2.jpg

bowl1.jpg

dunhill1.jpg

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Wow, that's better than I imagined. I wasn't so sure about the mock-up you posted earlier, but wowzer! You must be very pleased.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Wow, that is stunning six! That was a fast turn around and an excellent price. I will definitely have to keep Floyd in mind for future stem work. I kinda wish I kept a few of my pipes I sold off because of crappy stems. That's what ya get for doing your homework. Great job buddy!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks a lot guys - much appreciated. Floyd really outdid himself. Can't wait to light her up!
Wow, that is stunning six! That was a fast turn around and an excellent price. I will definitely have to keep Floyd in mind for future stem work. I kinda wish I kept a few of my pipes I sold off because of crappy stems. That's what ya get for doing your homework. Great job buddy!
Thanks Chris - I am really impressed. I'm now eyeing the rest of my pipes to send to him. Many thanks for the idea - I never would have thought about it if it hadn't been for you. Yours looks so great, I had to do it.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I know what ya mean Six. I am ten times happier with my Dunhill now. I know you will never sell that beauty but it will be nice to keep that original Dunhill stem in nice pristine condition.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I know you will never sell that beauty but it will be nice to keep that original Dunhill stem in nice pristine condition.
You know it. It has a nice coat of obsidian oil on it and stored away in a plastic bag within it's original box.
Also, I can't miss another opportunity to thank FoggyMountain for the gift. This is one pipe I've have wanted from day one of this hobby and I am quite sure I would never have been able to get one any other way. Thanks again Bruce - your generosity will never be forgotten.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Very nice six...enjoy every puff.
Wow, that's better than I imagined. I wasn't so sure about the mock-up you posted earlier, but wowzer! You must be very pleased.
Wait...now that I think about it...how do we know that’s not just another of your grand photo-shop illusions? :mrgreen:

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Also, I can't miss another to thank FoggyMountain for the gift. This is one pipe I've have wanted from day one of this hobby and I am quite sure I would never have been able to get one any other way. Thanks again Bruce - your generosity will never be forgotten.
That certainly was a fine gesture Foggy! :clap:

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
I'm glad you're pleased numbersix. In my book, Floyd Norwood is the best stem carver in the business. A real gent, and a pleasure to do business with. I simply can't believe his turn around time. FedEx and Amazon could learn a thing or two from Floyd. I've had stem carvers sit on my pipes for months before getting to them, then charging me three times what Floyd charges. Not naming names, but buyer beware. So glad Floyd is getting our business. Great guy.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Damn Six. Your a classy guy, but I don't think even you can handle that much class hanging off your face.
That is sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.