PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Halfling1.jpg

I just ordered this today, can't wait until it gets here!!! And they're just an hour away from me up in Ontario, very much looking forward to this arriving.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I don't mean to say anything bad about a sight sponsor, but many people have horrible wait times for their pipes. I'm talking 6 months terrible. I don't know how far away they were, but the general consensus is that it is usually a long wait.

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
That's a nice looking pipe. Hope it gets to you quickly. My local B&M had about 50 Macqueens on the shelf. I think they stocked up prior to the release of the Hobbit.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I have also heard some bad things about this company but I really love the pipes that they put out. Let me know how the customer service is, I would love to order one if I knew the pipe would get to me in the next year haha! Good luck and keep us posted.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
his was true early on as MacQueen got bombed due to the whole Lord of the Rings movies/popularity surge and couldn't keep up with demand.

I've been hearing this since I joined the forum September 2011. As far as I know it hasn't gotten better

Let me know how the customer service is

I have heard it isn't the best. However,you could buy a MacQueen pipe from on of the sponsors. I know Pipes and cigars has them. That way you don't have you wait for it to be made

blackdog7

Lurker
Aug 20, 2012
I ordered a pipe from them in August of last year. At the four month mark I received an email from them saying it was shipped. I'm still waiting for it... Hope you have better luck with your order. But after reading about the company, after I ordered the pipe that is, I guess this is just something you have to deal with when you order directly from them. I thought about emailing them about the status of the order but from what I've read they usually don't respond back.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
If you're interested in getting a Macqueen pipe, I'd get it through P&C, or Smoking pipes. See if they can order one for you, and then ship it to you.
Other retailers might get the pipes faster than a single shmoe like yourself.
Just food for thought.
But seeing as you've allready ordered it... :roll:

blackdog7

Lurker
Aug 20, 2012
Had I to do it all over again I would have gotten it from a retailer. Should have done more research before the order. Oh well, lesson learned...

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Sweet pipe. I have been thinking about getting a churchwarden. Reading J.R.R. Tolkien's books is what started my fascination with pipe smoking. Hope she smokes great for ya!

misterzombie

Lurker
Dec 30, 2012
So jealous! That is the one I've been staring at myself. It is fitting because I'm a small, hobbit sized guy myself :lol: Please do tell how it smokes!

Status
Not open for further replies.