PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Thanks to smokingpipes.com I have located a beautiful Castello Old Antiquari. I have been in the market for an Old Antiquari for some time but have yet to find one I truly liked on the estate market. I saw this one on the website the other day and really liked the lines and look of this one. As, the write up by Eric Squires states, this pipe is on "the lively end of the Castello shaping spectrum". Thank you Smoking Pipes for offering First Class service and the benefit of the NASPC discount on new pipes.
To back up a bit, I recently decided to try some Latakia in a late 60's to early 70's Castello Sea Rock pot. This was the first time I have smoked Latakia in more than a basic factory or basket pipe. The results were so good, I dedicated the pipe to Lat blends and parted with some other Latakia pipes that did not smoke nearly as well.
This pipe serves as my first Old Antiquari and the need for another Latakia pipe that smokes as well at my Castello Sea Rock pot mentioned above. The kkkk size on this particular Castello sports nearly a 7/8 bowl diameter which is what I prefer when smoking Latakia's. For her maiden voyage, I opted to break out a little Penzance to warm me up on this chilly day. The smoke was amazing. I will definitely be looking for another Old Antiquari for VA blends in the future. And the PAD continues... :puffy:
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/castello/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=107660

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
That's a beautiful pipe! So what group size is the KKKK equivalent to?

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Now THAT is a good looking pipe Chris. The pic makes the bowl look brand new. Glad to hear that she smokes so well. I do hope that you get many good years out of that beauty.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Gt, I would say the bowl size is a solid group 5. This is a new pipe Yaz. I bought it new as I couldn't find the right Old Antiquari for me on an estate market after a few months of searching. Sorry for the vagueness of the original post.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your new pipe. I do not yet have a Castello pipe but based on such good information I will considering adding one in the future.

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
Beautiful pipe. I have a older Castello Sea Rock #17 (KK) that I absolutely love. They are fantastic pipes and when you see them it's obvious why they are classics.

Status
Not open for further replies.