PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9shag

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2012
North Carolina
Well its here Xmas in January. I have to say that Bowell's has the best customer service I have seen so far. I called up on Thursday morning which is the day that they addd their new pipe to their web page. I spoke to Julie (Dans wife) told her what I was looking for and she immediately sent me a couple of pics of pokers that were being loaded on the web as we spoke. I wanted something different sent her a text back and within minutes the pipe below appeared on my screen. I told her to call me when she was available and within the hour had placed the order. This pipe was completed on 1/2/13. The bowl is 2.5" the chamber depth is 2 1/8", and the pipe is a hair under 6" long sporting a really cool sapphire stem. Everything in the pics is what was in the box. Each purchase gets a choice of one of their tobaccos (1oz) I chose Dans Blend which is a Virginia.

IMG_2364_zpsc4ba14d7.jpg

IMG_2366_zps6a4e902d.jpg

IMG_2367_zpsee6b84c9.jpg

IMG_2365_zps45102a3a.jpg

I will let you know how it smokes in a bit. (probably gonna take about 2.5 hours or so with this bowl)

k9shag

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2012
North Carolina
A little over half through the first bowl, the pipe has a nice draw with a little gurgle. However I did not dry out the Virginia in my haste to fire it up. Usually on my bigger bowls I lay the baccy out on a plate and let it air dry a little. I smoked the Dans Blend and must say it has a hint of nut. Normally I smoke 5100 by McClelland or Red Flake by McCranie which are a straight Virginia. Dans Blend is a blend of Virginias and quite nice. I will be ordering it in bulk and putting some away to age. Really reminds me of the McClelland 2010 that I received from another piper on another site that has been aged 7 years.
Overall could not be happier with this purchase. There will be another Boswell in my near future.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats - that is a nice looking pipe. I also have been impressed with the people over at Boswell's.

lazybugger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2012
awesome looking pipe and I have to agree with what everyone says about boswells being fantastic with customer service and being friendly ... sofar if I could only order pipes and tobacco from 1 place it would hands down be them ... must be somthing about that neck of the woods ... I spoke to another pipemaker close to them and again good service and friendly as hell, must be a good place to live if your a pipe smoker

billbearcat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 3, 2011
I like it. I have really grown partial to the rustic/sandblasted pipes. My last two have not been smooth. Again congrats nice pipe.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Very nice new pipe you got there... Congrats and Enjoy :puffy:

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
I Love the Boswells . Great tobacco , great pipes . Costomer service is top notch . When you call Boswells , you 9 out of 10 are talking to a Boswell . Wonderful products , wonderful family .

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
I really love that blue stem. Gotta hand it to the boys at Boswells (and Julie ) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.