PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2012
Here is a pic of a Wally Frank cherry pipe I just received.
big-wally-450x600.jpg

And now next to a standard size pipe for comparison.
big-wally-comparison-600x450.jpg

I didn't think to get a pic of the chamber but it is tiny. This is also a heavy pipe at almost 6 oz (169 grams for our Canadian/international friends) so no clenching but it looks fun. I just cleaned it so we'll see tomorrow or the next day how it smokes. All my Wally Frank pipes are good so I hope this one will be good as well.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
Thats a huge pipe! You said the chamber is tiny, which is probably a good thing. Being that the pipe is so big the small chamber means there is more wood surrounding the chamber, allowing heat to dissipate into the wood. Which means it should smoke cool.

ck12

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2011
Holy cow that is a huge pipe!! That would be the coolest smoke ever with all that wood to absorb the heat.

Aug 1, 2012
If it smokes as cool as it looks, I'm set. I actually don't mind small bowls as I don't always have the hour+ to dedicate to a smoke.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
That pipe could be classified as a lethal weapon in some states. Count your blessings you live in a fly-over, bud.
I know Wally Frank moved a lot of Ropp product and Ropp owned the rough barked cherry market for years. Do you think it might be one of theirs? Any chance there's a Made in France stamp on that beauty?

Aug 1, 2012
The stamp says "Wally Frank Limited" and underneath that "One Piece Real Cherry Made in Switzerland" I thought Ropp but can't find any info on Swiss production.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
You can always use it to whack somebody with as well.... Seriously though, that's a nice looking pipe..

oldredbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2012
Thats a beauty. I know what you mean on the no clenching, I can't that monster Custombuilt I have either, but they sure do smoke cool.

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
Wow!that's almost half a tree,careful you don't fall off the end of it when your smoking.Great pipe though,it's got character
Tom

nickg

Lurker
Aug 1, 2012
Great for self defense !!!
Talking about Wally Frank, I have one in my collection but it doesn't say "Ltd", just "Wally Frank", is there a difference?

Aug 1, 2012
Does that thing have a kickstand?
No, but it did come with a wheelbarrow. :mrgreen:
I am really impressed with the pipe. It may be a bit of a pain because it is so heavy but it smokes great. The draw was a bit tighter than I'm used to but it didn't seem to be a bad thing. It smoked quite cool and still lasted a fair amount of time for the bowl size. I am impressed with all of my Wally Frank pipes and since they always go so cheap (they all came of eBay and the most I've paid for one was $10) I might just have to try a few more.

Status
Not open for further replies.