PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
I finally received this new pipe from carver Roman Milinović (shipping to the US takes about 3 weeks from Croatia when the fee only costs $5). Just over 6" long with a small-medium bowl. It's my first pipe made out of an alternative wood; in this case walnut. It's extremely lightweight and the wood imparts no discernible taste difference from my briars. My only complaint is that it's a little awkward to sip comfortably or clench because it doesn't taper much, so the stem remains thick to the end. I'm using an extra cleaner or two after smoking to make sure moisture doesn't warp the wood, but it passed a cleaner more smoothly than most of my other pipes (the airway is pretty wide). For having paid only $50 for it, I'm pretty pleased!
A number of Roman's pipes seem to be designed for other types of smoking, but there are also some more classic beauties in his portfolio if you're interested: https://treebuddiesdesign.etsy.com
il_fullxfull.901714330_kex3.jpg

il_fullxfull.901472253_gu4d.jpg

il_fullxfull.901472119_6480.jpg

il_fullxfull.901714956_76ne.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Handsome. Seems there could be some heavy wear on the bit with only wood, but I guess eventually you could have a short stem made for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.