PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I got this pipe on ebay with only a few blurry photos to go by and the title of "Mystery Stanwell", the photos were of a bulldog shaped pipe and I thought what the hell its only $6... Well to my surprise, this showed up at my door!
IMG_2787.jpg

IMG_2788.jpg

IMG_2789.jpg

As you can see it isn't a bulldog at all! I can't tell what the name of the Stanwell is but it looks to be "Buffalo" with the numbers 13 stamped on it also. The base says Stanwell "Buffalo" 13 Made in Denmark.

duncan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
Well, you can let him know he sent you the wrong pipe or keep it. Can you post a copy of the add to see if it is a mistake or just a poor picture.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
If you read the description of the item, he is describing the pipe he sent me... I believe he just put the wrong picture of the pipe up!
Oh and I guess the picture weren't very blurry either! oh well, I have a crappy memory! I really like the pipe I got much better than the pictured pipe!

duncan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
Yep nothing like the pic. I checked his other auctions and none posted to match the one you have but it has been a few days.

dd951

Can't Leave
Jun 18, 2010
Bubba, scroll down to the bottom of this link, you may have done well with this buy
http://www.tecon-gmbh.de/index.php?osCsid=kdxvcppwcwit&currency=%E2%82%AC&manufacturers_id=24&language=en&sort=2d&page=8&osCsid=kdxvcppwcwit

dd951

Can't Leave
Jun 18, 2010
oops, scroll juat A little from the top, there are A couple of them there

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
Definitely a different pipe than the one you received. I wish I could help you out aside from my obvious objective comment, lol.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Well I am going to email the seller just in case and see what he says about the pipe...
I really like this pipe so I hope it was just a mistake with the picture and not the pipe, but I will send it back if I must... :(

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I also like this pipe. I haven't seen Stanwells with different colored wood inserts like that. I think this one could be worth a whole lot more than 13 bucks. I hope you get to keep it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.