(7 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by undecagon
  • Latest reply from hauntedmyst
  1. undecagon

undecagon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey everybody.

Well as I've mentioned before, I'm in my first year of Graduate School at Roosevelt University's Chicago College for Performing Arts getting my Master's in Percussion Performance. I'm playing Vibraphone in the Swing Combo here, which is directed by Paul Wertico! He was the drummer with the Pat Metheny Group if you aren't familiar with him. Also, my vibraphone instructor is Ed Harrison, who is currently the Timpanist for the Lyric Opera. Suffice to say I am very happy with what's going on at school. The steel band I'm in is also going very well lately, and we are planning our first Pan Festival for the Great Lakes area for this coming April. We have been contacted by a group from Canada, so our first festival is now an international festival! Very cool for us.

Anyway, in the past, anytime I've talked about playing, people have asked for me to post up when/where I have shows. I am still working on a personal website, but I did launch a musician facebook page. If you are interested feel free to check it out.

Edit: Removed link, L.

"I said NO camels, that's FIVE camels...can't you count?!"
    AJHvibes.com
    Posted 6 years ago #
  2. photoman13

photoman13

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Man that sounds like a really cool graduate program. Chicago alone is an amazing town. I wish I was closer so I could come see one of your shows.

Posted 6 years ago #
  3. baronsamedi

baronsamedi

Black House Whore

Login to Send PM

Wow! That's impressive! I have a 2 year music degree. My music was banned in Waco, Texas for a while. Shows the difference in quality of education there! Actually, my bass teacher is the son of country fiddle legend Johnny Gimble. Don't know of he will claim me if you ask him though. Teaching me in rock ensemble ended him up with bypass surgery.

Proud Member of the Blackblood Society Photobucket
    Posted 6 years ago #
  4. undecagon

undecagon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So turns out my link was misplaced, thanks, Lawrence, for letting me know the proper location!

If you are interested in following things, you can find a link to my FB page (this is a musician page, not a personal account) you can find it in my PM.com profile here.

Thanks!

Posted 6 years ago #
  5. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Paul Wertico

Post up some videos for us.

" I'm talking about the kind of sound you can feel. When it comes to great stereo you can't beat big speakers, I'm talking about big speakers with big woofers."
    Posted 6 years ago #
  6. winterland

winterland

Login to Send PM

Probably hard to smoke a pipe playing drums. Will check out your FB page.
    Chicago has a lot of music. I get there a few times a year for Grammy meetings. The Chapter office is there.

Posted 6 years ago #
  7. hauntedmyst

hauntedmyst

Resident Comedian

Login to Send PM

Roosevelt is in a great area. All the big festivals happen right outside your door and you are just down the street from Iwan R. Fall is particularly great here.

A tattoo on a beautiful woman is like graffiti on a Ferrari.
    Posted 6 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   judcole