Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
These are my briars to date (except for a churchwarden not shown here). It's a modest collection. They are all in pipe cases as they stay in the truck with me all the time and a pipe rack just wouldn't be practical.
I realize a lot of detail can't be seen due to the cases, but it gives some idea of the collection to date.
briars.jpg

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
That is a collection any of us should be proud to have. I don't have that many pipes and a majority are nowhere near the quality of yours. Thanks for sharing!
-Jason
P.S.- Could I humbly ask for a rundown of the different ones you have?

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
Thank you Jason.
I'll try and give an accurate inventory of what is shown.
The brown case at the top contains 5 Dr. Grabows of various models, A Comoy's pot, and the one with the two color bowl is a French made Graco.
The black case at the top contains 2 red Petersons, A Viking, 3 Savinellis, and a Nording bulldog.
The small black case to the far left and below the brown case contains a Savinelli and a Peterson Kapet 120.
The case to the bottom left contains a Torino bent, A Peterson Rock of Cashel bent, a brown Kaywoodie that didn't come with the stinger, and a Canadian basket pipe I picked up for $15 (great smoker too).
Bottom center are two Peterson system pipes.
Bottom right are a pair of Medicos.
As you can see, some are pretty inexpensive pipes and some are of a bit better quality. I wouldn't call any of them "high grade" although I do love my Petersons.

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
That Giant is sexy. I trying to locate a giant pipe so I can hint it to my wife for a birthday present

frostyforge

Lurker
Mar 30, 2010
Very, very jealous! Thats a nice lookin collection pipetrucker! If you don't mind me askin, whats the churchwarden? The one in the last picture, right below the Calabash?

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
Pipetrucker, where did you find those pipe cases? I have been looking for just the right case and those look good. I've thought about having one custom made but they are expensive.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Most impressive young Skywalker.
I love the "giant", I have one Bjarne and it is definitely one of my best smokers.
Thanks for sharing those great photos.

I see how you can access so many pipes while being on the road; do you have a briefcase or something that you carry all the smaller cases in?
Edit: Sorry about the dangling participle.

pipetrucker

Sep 13, 2010
Thank you, gents.
Frosty, the one churchwarden is now a dead soldier. It was a replica of Gandalf's pipe from LOTR. It was broken last year. I liked the pipe but to be honest it was a terrible smoker.
Buck, I have picked up those cases at various tobacconist shops around the country. Most were rather inexpensive, but the large black one at the top is lamb skin and was pretty pricey. I purchased it at Uhle's Pipe Shop in Milwaukee.
I have an old military messenger bag in which I carry the smaller cases as well as various tobaccos, pipe cleaners, etc.
bag1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.