PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
Been working at it after working 12 hours a day nonstop for the last two weeks. That overtime helped pay for the nice TV stand that you are about to see. Got everything I need as highlighted below:
DSCN0951.jpg

Ultimate smoking chair, complete with a little table for my ashtrays and lighters, and a cold beverage
DSCN0953.jpg

Cool TV stand, humidor, and Nintendo Wii for Netflix viewing
DSCN0954.jpg

Xbox, strategically placed so that it does not overheat
DSCN0955.jpg

Baccy drying station on the other side of the TV
DSCN0956.jpg

Pipes are all nestled safely on the top shelf of the closet
DSCN0957.jpg

Two racks of my trusty smokers
DSCN0958.jpg

My other two racks. You can't see it but I keep my clays in their original box to the right.
DSCN0959.jpg

Cabinet full of my baccy tins is in one corner of the closet...
DSCN0961.jpg

...And bulk baccy jars in the other corner.
DSCN0960.jpg

All my cleaners and some spare butane for my lighters.
Let me know what ya think fellas!

Jul 15, 2011
Where's the mini-fridge?
Cool thing is the kitchen is right around the corner, so I dont mind getting up for my beer. As for the carpet, I honestly don't know what kind it is. The landlord said he had to redo the carpet after the last renters moved out because it was way nasty. In any case, I am loving it.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
You need a ottoman to put your feet on while you're working so hard at keeping your pipe lit, drinking your beer, trying to ignore anyone that's talking to you during your "me" time, and playing your xbox!

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
The idea of a "man cave" is somewhat depressing, if you think about it. My single friends call it a "man cell". There is biblical justification for the man being the head of the house, and much contemporary discussion about the feminization of men, and of society, and of our country. The entire "man cave" culture is perpetuating negative stereotypes about manhood which are negative and impact the children we raise, particularly boys who sit back and watch their fathers be subservient and hide their true identities in basements and garages, out of fear of being chastised, ostracized, or "theoretically" castrated. This is utter nonsense.
Therefore, I propose that all "man caves" be abolished, and turned into "woman caves", which you will find the following things:

- television sets where you can watch female-oriented programs like "The View" and the Lifetime Network

- surroundings where women will feel comfortable, which will ease their stress of knowing who is boss, the male head of the house

- the absence of man things such as smoking pipes, sports, and fun

- other female-oriented activities and hobbies such as knitting, decorating, and the like

- telephones and laptops for women to gossip with each other because that's what women do, right?
As you can see, I am doing what hip-hop folks call "flip the script", which means, I'm turning the argument for "man caves" inside out in a tongue-in-cheek manner to demonstrate how insulting and ridiculous it would be if the shoe were on the other foot.
If you think the idea of "woman caves" is far-fetched and ridiculous, then consider how far-fetched and ridiculous it actually is that we have literally thousands of men around this country who feel the need to suppress their everyday enjoyment of things and the joy they feel about their personal interests, obligated to keep it out of public (and female) view, living a double-life.
What is implied in a "man cave" is that I am a man down here, leave me alone, I will be whatever you want me to be elsewhere but right now I need to retreat to manhood.
Politely, screw that.
(As an aside, I have the best wife ever who understands all this stuff. She also understands my need to vent on a constant basis, which I have just saved her from having to deal with by doing so now. Thanks)

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I could live alone. In a huge house.
And still have a room that it akin to a man cave.
Only it would probably be called "The office"
The office will be different in every way than all of the other parts of the house. Funtionality and style will be a total 180 from the rest of the house.
Public spaces in the house will be neat, clean, and orderly. The office... not so much.
It will be a place to do "work".
Time to play video games and smoke a pipe! *AHEM* I mean... "work".

Jul 15, 2011
Where are the big-ass stereo speakers?
I tried to talk my father out of his antique Pioneer towers, but he was having none of it. Also, having a newborn living next door isnt the most conducive environment for big ass speakers either.
You need a ottoman to put your feet on while you're working so hard at keeping your pipe lit
My brother in law had a leather one that he told me I could have but it was pretty beat to hell. I am thinking of grabbing one of the ones that has a lid and that can be a little hidey hole. Might be a good hiding spot for some "Gentlemans Literature" if you catch my drift. :mrgreen:

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Very nice, Eric. You have more than many do at your age. Enjoy what you have.
One word of caution from an old-timer. Don't let it get you lazy. If you sit in that cozy chair and watch TV 18 hours a day, people will blame your ensuing heath problems on your pipes.

Jul 15, 2011
One word of caution from an old-timer. Don't let it get you lazy.
Dont worry Philip. The gas station has me working anywhere from 8-12 hours a day five days a week, and I work at a coffeeshop on one of my other days off, so I only take one day off a week. That combined with all the writing work that I have been doing, keeping the Keepers of the Flame blog up and running, and working with Mr. Luca over at Neatpipes keeps my plenty occupied. That chair wont see much action I assure you.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Walmart has a nice leather topped storage ottoman. Its like $40 if I remember correctly. And just tell your wife its holding your umm large bags of tobacco...yeah yeah that will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.