My local B&M tobacconist just got in a crap-load of Sutliff Private Stock tins!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipevilleworld

Might Stick Around
Apr 12, 2011
My local B&M tobacconist just got in a crap-load of Sutliff Private Stock Pipe Tobacco tins; they're $12 a piece. I was looking to try a tin. Anyone know which blend I should start with? Note: I'm an aromatic fanatic... Lane Limited: Very Cherry, Scotty's Butternut Burley and MacBaren Vanilla Cream... type-a guy.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Same with our local B&M. The deal is they have to take the entire line. Check out the Sutliff web site. very informative about the blends. More so than the tin descriptions. Sutliff is trying to mimic the old "drug store" blends and some of them are pretty good on their own. Good luck and have fun with them.
http://altadisusa.com/auth

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
Sounds awesome. You are blessed to have such a pipe friendly place. The entire line of sutliff sounds like the start of a fun adventure. Mine is a cigar leaning place. It's more of a buy something in a hurry please and go. I'm attached to the place solely cause they sold me my first pipe.

pipevilleworld

Might Stick Around
Apr 12, 2011
Thanks fellas... I just did some review reading for Maple Street... and it seems to be getting great grades. Has anyone tried Barbados Plantation?

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Don't know where you are located, but a lot of B&M's have sample tins open so you can find a blend that you like. Sutliff has an amazing selection to choose from, I'm sure there's plenty that you'll enjoy.

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
I have a tin of Man's Best Friend. Not bad.... Not great. Extremely moist! Hard to get excited about.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Been so long I can't remember Barking Dog any more but Junkyard Dawg is pretty tasty C&D if I remember correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.