PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pflan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2013
Well, I have a few lighters that I've collected over the years.
I think my next will be an IM Corona Old Boy, which will be my first high-end lighter.
What do you guys think so far? Nothing special, but I love each of them.
The first is a cheap DjEEP which has always served me well. At least more trusty than a Bic to me and holds more fluid.
Then we have an old Winston Cup NO BULL lighter. Doesn't have the Zippo brand on it anywhere, but works just the same. This one was given to me by my uncle a few years before he passed. It's been through a lot, but the sentimental value is the most important thing about this one.
Then, a golden colored (not sure if it is actually gold-plated) Zippo with wood inlay (picture doesn't show it but the inlay has a "smoky" looking wood grain). I found this one while rummaging through my deceased uncle's belongings. It has the initials J.S. on it. Seems to be a pretty old lighter, and we aren't really sure who J.S. is, but my uncle's last name was Smith, so we can only assume it was handed down by an earlier generation. Beautiful lighter and works great. Has the actual Zippo brand marking on the bottom.
Lastly, my black, trusty Zippo pipe lighter. This one has the pipe insert (with the large holes on the sides to light a pipe. This is usually my go-to when I am home, and the DjEEP is more my traveler.
So, one day hopefully I can afford an Old Boy to add to the collection, but this is it for now. :)
CAIW1MMl.jpg

Now, let's see some pictures of your lighters.

kanaka95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 2, 2014
Cool pflan.Let me figure out how to post pix and I'll get mines up bro.Nice pipe in the back.Gives the pix a complete look.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
My wife is the only person who sees my lighter.
Same here, but lately at my age I think my wick is in need of more fuel and I need a larger and longer lasting flint.
Other than that, the Corona Old Boy is indeed a fine lighter, but my preference is the Corona Pipe Master by a long shot.

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
I have a candy apple red zippo with a pipe insert that I jokingly call the Rocket's Red Glare. It was my special occasions and 4th of July ljghter before I smoked a pipe, and has a lot of sentimental value.

pflan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2013
TopD, that is ridiculous.... ly awesome!
Nice collection there! :clap:

pflan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2013
And thanks kanaka!
It's actually just a cheap little Medico Cavalier. It was my first pipe. Not a bad smoker and a decent looking one though!

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Top wins indeed. I have only one, but it's special and made for me by my bro. It's actually the Armor edition Zippo, with thicker walls than the regular Zippo. NOTE: While I signed up for the Army as a 13B Cannon Crewman and was sworn in, I signed up under the Delayed Entry Program, where I wouldn't ship off to BASIC for six months. During those six months, I made the biggest mistake of my life and decided I didn't want to be away from my friends that long, went down to the recruiting sergeant and asked to be let out. Signed a bunch of forms and he let me out. I'm an idiot.
zippo5-1.jpg

zippo4-1.jpg

That's paracord and a spent .30 Carbine cartridge. DSP A Pos. is my initials and blood type, he's not calling me a piece of shit.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
TopD :worship:
Here's my little collection. The "Petersons" is an odd one. I don't believe it's made by the Peterson pipe company. It has all of the hallmarks of a fine lighter, but it's sketchy. Took me a while to get it working, but it's touchy and I don't trust it. I'd sell it, but I don't think it would be fair to anyone who bought it!
lighters-600x254.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Top, that is incredible.
My newest lighter is the IM Corona Pipemaster.

Here are the rest of my lighters.

From left to right.

Dupont table lighter, Dupont Ligne 2 cigar lighter( dual flame), Dupont single flame cigar lighter, Dupont single flame cigar, Dupont single flame cigar, Davidoff pipe lighter, Corona Old Boy in Briar.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
At my house we collect 1915-1940 items. These are my two pride and joys. The first is like Sam Spade's lighter in the Maltese Falcon:

And this Parker was priced so low, I grabbed it. Both need to be restored to working order.

Status
Not open for further replies.