PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I now have 5 pipes complete for my 7 day set of black sandblasted Rad Davis pipes. The latest is this Zulu and I am very pleased in how it turned out. I have enough experience now to know that if it looks good in the pictures, then it looks even better in person. This particular pipe has a Masur Birch stem inlay, and is a large group 5.

FH02181008_zpsfdc4ad11.jpg

FH02181001_zps5863a622.jpg

FH02181002_zpsda84e436.jpg

FH02181005_zpsdc7e489f.jpg

FH02181007_zps5210919a.jpg

FH02181003_zps54bdd07e.jpg

FH02181009_zps20dad89c.jpg

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Beautiful as usual. I really like the fact that the briar that meets and is hidden by the stem is finished just as nicely as the rest of the pipe.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Wowzer. That's a beautiful pipe. Ditto on the polished shank face -- very nice. I love how the polished shank end and birch accent create a striped effect. Best RAD zulu I've ever seen -- you ended up with a great one here.

Dec 24, 2012
A stellar pipe Harris. I love the smooth rim showing gorgeous birdseye. You are doing extremely well with your Radmania. If I may say, I think you need to commission a 7 pipe stand or box to hold your set. Well done, young Padawan.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Harris
Rad has come through again. From top to bottom, the pipe looks beautiful. And let's not forget the button.
Along with everything else in his careful construction, he is certainly the 'button master'.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks for the nice comments guys, it is appreciated.
Eagle and Pitch, I also thought the stripped effect was very cool looking. At first I thought he created two different rings but then realized what he had done.
peck, I hear you about the stand or box, I do need one for sure.

john218

Part of the Furniture Now
May 5, 2012
Connecticut
Beautiful pipe, Harris.
I noticed the finish he puts on face of the shank on some other pipes of his. I've never seen it as finely finished on other pipes.
What will your first smoke in it be?

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Harris:
Congratulations on your new pipe. I like the appearance of the smooth top and the rest of the pipe being blasted.
Is Rad working on your 2 desired remaining pipes or will you just get them from his site if they are close to your desired specifications.?
I hope the pipe smokes well for you when it arrives.
Doug

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Great looking Rad. Congrats Harris! I can't wait to see the completed set. They are going to look fantastic.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The cumberland stem and the birch band, and the different textures are really brought together in a work of art

here. Thank you for letting us see it in its original unsmoked state (or so it looks). I love the zulu shape. I have

a 30 plus year old Sav that I call a zulu, though it is right on the edge of that and a Dublin. This one is a zulu

thoroughbred, no doubt here. I see starting out with some G.L. Pease of the English variety. Or some Dunhill

Mixture 965. Sit back, enjoy. Ah.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks for all the nice comments guys.
Allan, he does make the most comfortable buttons I have ever smoked.
john218, I am thinking that I will dedicate this pipe to Esoterica Stonehaven. I have some 2007 that smokes great so I will go for that and see how it does.
Doug, the other two are commissions to my exact specs. Of course if I see something on his site I love, I will just add it to my Rad collection, but it will not be a part of the 7 days set.
mso489, that is unsmoked, I should get it by Friday or Saturday. I am not an English smoker so it will be dedicated to Va flakes. I am going to start with the Stonehaven as mentioned above but might smoke Mac Baren Old Dark Fired in it also and keep it strictly for Va/Burley flakes.
Bentmike, I am also very excited to see the set in total, it will probably 3-4 months more I would think. Rad is real busy with commission work.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I think Mike's question was tongue firmly in cheek! I agree with everyones sentiment, that one sets off ALL of my bells & whistles. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.