PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
This is my latest pipe that I got on ebay. These are the before pictures and I will post some after pictures when I finally get to cleaning it! It is a no name Bent Bulldog and I love it already... sorry if I am not making much sense, I am half asleep!
IMG_2780.jpg

IMG_2781.jpg

IMG_2782.jpg

IMG_2785.jpg

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
I had a "Bite Proof" Everyman by Comoy's with a stem like that several years ago. I should have kept it. It was a darned good smoker.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Nice Bulldog, bubba... I can't wait to see it restored!
That stem is BIZARRE! Chuck, is that what that type of bit is called... "Bite-Proof"? It almost looks like someone didn't finish cutting the hole in the end of the stem...
-Jason

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
That's a nice buy bubba. It looks about in the same condition as my Comoy 88 so I say go ahead and smoke it!

bytor

Can't Leave
Jan 21, 2010
Washington
There are a couple schools of thoughts on bent Bulldogs.
1. Some insist that a Bulldog is straight stemmed and anything with a bent stem is a Rhodesian.
2. Others say that a Bulldog has a diamond shank while the Rhodesian has a round shank.
Personally...I am of the second group. To me, you've got a nice looking bent bulldog!
As for the dual holes in the stem... also found in Seville "Twinbore" pipes. I've got one I restored, but I still haven't fired it up.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I am with bytor on this one. diamond shank equals bulldog . I have several "bite proof stems. They are OK. Just a bit more work to clean.

flanative

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2010
Very nice! I think Bulldogs and Rhodesians are my favorites.....this month anyway!

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Congratulations on your "new" pipe! I am with those members who find the bulldog/rhodesian to be one of the most attractive shapes.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Bytor wrote:

As for the dual holes in the stem... also found in Seville "Twinbore" pipes. I've got one I restored, but I still haven't fired it up.
Aren't Radice famous for twin bores too?

bytor

Can't Leave
Jan 21, 2010
Washington
Dudley,
A quick google says...yes, Radice currently makes twin bore pipes!
Seems they may have been a fad for a while, disappeared perhaps, and came back to some degree.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
That's a great looking Quarter Bent Bulldog

with a twin bore! Good for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.