PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
As I've mentioned before, I am on a quest to increase my spigots and for me, Peterson makes the nicest ones out there. Here is my latest addition, a Rosslare 120 (Dublin) spigot. I had no idea that a Rosslare spigot even existed, so when I found this at Briarpatch.biz, I had to grab it.
pete2-600x448.jpg

I also had never bought from briarpatch.biz before, but asked the fine people on this forum if anyone used them before and a few had with success. Anyway, I want to say that they were great to deal with.
The answered all of my questions patiently, ran a fluffy pipe cleaner through to make sure it passed and even took a photo of the bowl's interior for me to check the draft hole. And they had it out the door the next day and it arrived in 3 days.
All in all, highly recommended.
p.s. on a final note - many thanks to Kevin and the mods for allowing us to speak about non-member pipe shops.

Jan 8, 2013
Good looking pipe six. I have yet to try a spigot, but the mechanics behind it make me believe they are a great idea. Seems like it's built for the long haul. Glad to hear you had a good buying experience as well.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Hey thanks a lot guys. It's a great pipe and smokes perfectly, I'm a very happy piper. :puffy:

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I was browsing the bay last night and saw a beautiful pete spigot with about 6 days to go. They are indeed some of the best pipes out there.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Six, congrats. That one is right in your wheelhouse. I hope it brings you wonderful smokes, for many, many years.
-- Pat

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
Congrats on a beautiful pipe six. A few weeks ago i was in Grand Central Station and saw a pizza shop sign that made me think of you:

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks a lot guys, it is much appreciated. I am totally loving this pipe. Smokes beautifully and looks even better in person than the photo shows.
LB - lol! That's awesome. Thanks for snapping that pic.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Beautiful pipe. I have a Peterson Silver Spigot XL02 in a walnut finish that is a very fine smoker.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Congrats! Is it a full spigot ( silver on the end of the tenon ) ? Otherwise it would be a Rosslare Royal Irish, where they make a longer tenon a la system deluxe or Mark Twain and they cover the exposed part with silver. I have one of those in the 6 straight billiard shape....
edited for clarification

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks guys!
I love those Rosslare series pipes. That's pretty nice service too!
Same here Al. I really like the Rosslare's and briarpatch.biz were great. In fact, they suggested to take a pic of the bowl - with no prompting from me.
Congrats! Is it a full spigot ( silver on the end of the tenon ) ? Otherwise it would be a Rosslare Royal Irish
Yes, this is a true spigot. I am still unsure if it's a Rosslare Royal or classic to be honest. If I had to guess, it's a Rosslare Royal (but as far as I know, not a Royal Irish).

Status
Not open for further replies.