PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Other than having a case of PAD I have no excuses. I picked up a couple of Ebay unknowns last week for some unknown reason. :lol:
First to arrive is an unknown metal pipe. I have never had one but it caught my eye. I have already contacted R.Santia t make a replacement cob bowl for it and it should arrive any day.

unknown-metal-pipe-600x339.jpg

Second to arrive is an unknown calabash with a flushed meer cup instead of the normal overflowing cup. QUESTION for those who know! Is this just a cup that has been modified after a breakage or is it a not used often style? The chamber is 1" wide and 1 1/2" deep. There is one for sale on ebay now for $225 which is absurd IMHO.

unknown-calabash1-600x339.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Save the old bowl from the metal pipe, of course. It's an interesting piece of work, and you want

the (I assume) original bowl. It will be intriguing to track down the manufacturer and origins on

that.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
With no markings, I was told it was one thing, but after a PM about it and doing some searching, it may be something else. As for the bowl, I'll be saving it when replaced with the cob bowl, AND when I get back into working with the briar I will be making another bowl or two myslef.

Status
Not open for further replies.