Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
Wish me luck!

image7-600x450.jpg

kathrano

Lurker
May 21, 2014
New York
Good luck eightyone! You can do it! My last was on April 21st.. I feel so liberated! Now I ENJOY a smoke, from my pipes, once or twice a day.

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
Best of luck. I'm going on month four myself. I've found a vaporizor helps but am looking forward to finally weaning myself off it it as well and only smoking pipes and cigars. Down to 12mg from 26, so I'm getting there...

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Good luck! I'm just over 2 months now. Got the e-cig, decided one day that the smokes stay home when leaving for work.
I've had 5 smokes since my decision. I tripled my pipe bowls daily, and hardly touch the e-cig anymore.
This is all while the GF still smokes on the couch.....
I figured after after 24 years of smoking and a major lung operation.....it was time to part ways.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Good for you eighty one and also to you Bullets and briar! 81, the look on your dogs mug is priceless. He's looking at the camera as if to say, WTF?

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Good job and stick with it! Pipe away instead. Pipes got me off of cigs and I know you can succeed!

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Good luck to both of you--- You CAN do it! I was in your shoes not long ago. What convinced me is-- "what flavor am I getting from this cig?" I smoked winston lights. The answer was that I got much more SATISFACTION from the Flavor of a pipe. Reward yourself with a good bowl, you don't need them damn coffin nails! you can do it!!

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Good luck, eightywon!
My mother-in-law had to break her hip to break her cig habit. It worked, but I don't recommend that method... :D

Jan 8, 2013
Good luck eightywon. I have been saying this will be my last pack for months... somehow I end up smoking at least 2 cigarettes a day anyway... the mornings kill... hope you have better luck than I have. I will catch up sooner or later..

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
It's not about luck. Once you find the right pipe tobacco you'll be on easy street.
I've kicked cigs and it's the best thing ever. I never really knew how much they stank until I gave them up.
Pipe tobacco is heaven in comparison. Cigars too.
You can do it!

The hardest part for me was that morning smoke. It was so hard to make myself wake up to load a pipe. For a while I loaded my pipe before going to bed. Now, I just smoke a pipe after I've had breakfast. Once you've got a knife into the heart of the addiction beast, it's easier to take your time and tell "it" when you're going to smoke.
Stick with it!! You can do it. I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.