PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
While Tonni Nielsen's pipes are fairly well known, pipes are also being produced by other family members. Here's a picture of my Kai Nielsen, a handmade pipe from Denmark featuring a Cumberland stem. I was able to pick this up as an estate pipe from SmokingPipes.com; otherwise, I don't think I could have afforded it! (It smokes wonderfully!)

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I was eyeballing that pipe and was totally hooked by the grain and the stem. I did not know that Kai is related to Tonni as I have certainly heard of Tonni and his work. Congrats on a beauty, glad to hear it is smoking great as well.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Tonni is not related to Kai.
Kai is the son of Viggo who has passed away. Kai is also the brother of Jorgen.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I have a Kai Nielsen (unsmoked), but I haven't tried it out yet. Yours is a real beauty, though.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Never smoked one, never had one, never seen one, but I certainly would love to have that one mate. It is a real beauty. BTW, why does it have the Dunhill White Dot on the stem?

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Finally got some pictures uploaded of my Kai Nielsen. The bowl is perfectly cone-shaped and narrows down almost to a point at the draft hole. I'm betting it will be good for VA flakes. What do you smoke in yours, rmbittner?
kai-n-3-150x82.jpg

kai-n-2-150x70.jpg

kai-n-1-150x84.jpg

kai-n-2-600x282.jpg

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Pitchfork:
Mine is dedicated to Penzance. I recently had to switch some pipes around, because I realized that some of my favorite pipes were Penzance pipes and I was shortchanging my other styles! But this one remains in the Penzance rack, alongside two Lane-era Charatans, a Radice, an Ascorti, a Castello, and a Dunhill.

Status
Not open for further replies.