PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
I haven't acquired a whole lot of super awesome pipes as yet, but I'm quite pleased with most of what I have.

Here you'll see my Nording Freehand Signature, Savinelli unfinished, Peterson St. Patrick's Day 2013, Bjarne Viking, a cheap pear wood thing (that's the one with all the carving... had two, will never buy another. I learned my lesson)and my tiny little mini cob. I get a kick out of how small that one is compared especially to the Nording, which is huge.

CAM00002.jpg

CAM00003.jpg
CAM00005.jpg

CAM00004.jpg

CAM00006.jpg

CAM00008.jpg

CAM00009.jpg

CAM00010.jpg

CAM00017.jpg

CAM00018.jpg

CAM00020.jpg

CAM00023.jpg

And there you have it. Not much, but they're my babies. The carved pearwood with the tiger,

I basically added for any other newbies who may have seen one online, not to purchase one.

The Nording I'm quite proud of, and smoked it for the first time today.

oldredbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2012
A very nice little collection of some really nice pipes, congrats on a great start.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
That IS a nice starting point Anthony.
I wanted to get one of those Peterson St Patty's Day pipes. How does it smoke? What tobacco's are you smoking?
Dan :puffy:

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Great pipes you've got there and the Ailenware PC ain't too shabby either! Those are sick.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Very nice start to your collection. That Nording will gain a lot of color and character as you smoke it. I've had mine for nearly a year and the color is starting to bloom. Good luck.

lumberjakpipester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2012
Nice little collection, I have the feeling that it will increase in size exponentially(this place is PAD hell lol)!

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Thanks for sharing those pics.
I have an unfinished Sav that I enjoy smoking. I like the feel of the unfinished wood.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your collection. Fear not as it will continue to grow as the years pass by.

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks everyone. I've only smoked the Peterson once so far, Yazamataz, so I can't really say how awesome or not so awesome it smokes. It seemed to smoke pretty well the first time though. I remember I had to relight a few times, but I was being very lazy with my puffing, being distracted by the tv and reading the forums. Really nice looking pipe though in person. I'll try to get a clearer photo of that one. As far as tobaccos's go, my collection of that is quite humble as well. I have some Captain Black white and cherry, Brigadier Black Alamo and Brigadier Black Gettysburg, and Black House... what is it with black this and black that in pipe tobacco? A member at the forums sent me some samples of Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding, Some Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake and Bulls Eye Flake, and Boswell's Christmas Cookie. I have a little bit left of each of those.
And then I have my "left overs jars" of tobacco that doesn't make it into the pipe when I'm packing a bowl. Those I've labeled "Puff'n Stuff" and "The Black Dragon's Rage." Those should be interesting when I fill the jars up, but can't say if they'll be good or terrible.
Zonomo, thanks. The Alienware is pretty sweet. You'd think having an Alienware laptop I'd be able to afford more pipes, but that was actually a gift. I could never afford one myself lol. But yeah, I love it... and all the bells and whistles too.
I'm totally loving the Nording, Papipeguy. It might have been my imagination but I could have sworn it was darkening as I smoked it last night.
The unfinished Savi... I like it. And I'm curious to see how that one turns out over time as it darkens as well.
Thanks everyone. This place is indeed PAD hell lol. I find myself looking at new pipes every day and having to stop myself from spending more money I shouldn't be. lol. But it's worth it!

Jan 8, 2013
thanks guys :) Portascat, the Bjarne is a beautiful looking pipe. For what it cost, I didn't think it would look near as nice in person as online. And it feels great in the hand and smoked pretty nice the one time I've smoked it so far. And it's small enough to carry around with me, if I decide I want to take it up to Starbucks for coffee and a smoke. I think it's going to be a favorite of mine.

Jan 8, 2013
the 17 is quite a bit bigger. The M14x, I carry with me just about everywhere I go. I have a backpack that carries up to a 15 inch laptop but of course the Alienwares are a bit hefty in size so it fits snuggly. It was purchased for me to help with my writing and that I also like to game. I use it for writing and movies more than gaming lol.
The St Patty's Day pipe, I think I'll get one every year. I'm going to make that a tradition, and I may go ahead and get a 2012, but I'm not sure. The 2013 marks the year I began smoking a pipe, really, so maybe I should just get one every year from now on. I am happy with that pipe as well. The Nording with all the curves and angles, I think is going to be fun watching it darken with time.

Status
Not open for further replies.