PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Was in a spring cleaning kind of mood because a storm blasted us with heavy wet snow in Denver and I had to spend the day trimming branches and bushes. I fired up some CBK on the patio afterwards. I made my way back in and moved stuff around in the cabinet. Kind of prepare myself for the upcoming pipe smoking season (summer break) by selecting tins I want to start working on.
This is the cabinet May 11, 2015
image41-600x450.jpg

This is the photo from May 10, 2014. Last year.
photo-13-600x450.jpg

I don't recall my cabinet being as low only a year ago.
Anyways, here's the rest of my set up as of today. Including a cameo by my humidor.
image21-600x450.jpg

image31-600x450.jpg

image51-600x450.jpg

image61-600x450.jpg

Last of all, my two big pipes.

image71-600x450.jpg

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Great pics cmdr. The tobacco cellar is looking much healthier this year.

I need to organize mine as well. I don't have a lot in there but what I do have is scattered about haphazardly.
What is the press beside your humidor?

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Fun Fact: I don't keep the humidor there, it is stored in a drawer in the bottom of the cabinet.
As for the press, it is a cigar box press. When the cigars come out of the mold, this piece of equipment was to compress the cigars in their boxes.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I see. What a great tobacco/ smoking related piece to have on display. :puffy:

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Happened to me too. I went from a couple ounces to 8 pounds in about a year when I got more serious about it in 2013.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I started three years ago; I still think of myself as a newbie. "Two, maybe three pipes," I said to myself at the beginning. But PAD already took hold and now I must have about 25 pipes at least, and more if I didn't donate or trade off some pipes that lost their attraction for me. (We're so fickle!) And more tobacco than I ever thought possible to the point I'm enlisting a forum member friend to build a cabinet. I just pulled the trigger today on another Irish Harp. I'm gonna end up in the streets someday.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
I know the feeling, sparrowhawk. I just went to my fifth tub. Just make sure when you go to the street you have a pull cart. A guys gotta have a way to keep up with his baccy and pipes when he loses everything else :mrgreen:

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
+1 @sparrow, yeah this thing snowballs to different degrees. I did a lot of cellaring. I think I have more than enough tons set aside for smoking, but the majority of the stuff I have is for aging.

jumpcannon

Lurker
May 14, 2015
Nice cellar! I'm still in that classic broke college student part of life where I buy a tin or a couple ounces bulk at a time. Hopefully this next paycheck with afford me with some extra tobacco cash. Do my eyes deceive me or are those some Peterson systems up in the corner rack?

Status
Not open for further replies.