PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
So, these old Nylon pipes...not only must I say I like mine...but they are surprisingly cheap EXCEPT this one of course. Have an old nylon pipe you don't want? Send it to me ;)
ON EBAY
Then mine, while it looks darker, that's just poor lighting. It was black when I got it, first pipe...so I scrubbed it up made it clean, and it's turning black again.

0916151847-01_zpsmqethtta.jpg

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
I meant to put this under pipe talk, my bad. What gets me is the coloring is at about the same point. That's not from being charred.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a good-looking pipe, kind of Falcon like in design. Who made nylon pipes and approximately when?

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
They were made back in the 60's (earliest I know of). As far as to the manufacture/location I'm not sure. They have the regular nylon pipes like those, and a few different ones.
Rocket Nylon France
Solid Stem

About to start doing my research on them and maybe buy if they stay around. I think I am about to start collecting them as they are fairly cheap on Ebay $5-$25 depending on condition....personally I wouldn't pay more than $25 and that's in the nicest condition. I love mine, started with it and still smoke it. Will be my luck someone will see this and their price and buy them all up. I like them as much as my falcon, aside from them being more difficult to clean.

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
If anyone comes across these and doesn't want them. I would be more than happy to take them off your hands. Even if broken, I'll take them. I'll look into it more as I get the chance and will begin compiling.

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
The only ones I've seen so far were Made un Sweden and branded Brilon and Triumph.

The system is almost exactly as a Falcón but with a longercthread on the bowls.
I own two Brilon 90 with very nice Rusticated briar bowls and one Triumph with a meer lined brisr bowl. All bowls are interchabgeable.
They do look and feel cheaoer than a Falcón, But sure as hell do not smoke cheaoer. Great, dry, cool smokers.
I have uploaded some pics of my Brilons to my user álbum.
Cheers,
J

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
Sorry for all the typos. I just dont het alonf with my phone's touchscreen

blackbeard

Sep 13, 2015
If you see one, pick it up. If you've ever smoked a falcon it's essentially the same feel. You can always send it to me if you don't like it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.