PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
My girlfriend is still in highschool. I'm not, I graduated last year. Well she has art class and they're doing pottery right now. She told me that shes making me an ashtray! I don't have an ashtray, so thats pretty nice.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Is she "too" young? (I just watched the episode of The Office where Jim and Andy go to a highschool to apologize over the watermark fiasco and find out that Andy's girlfriend is still in highschool).

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Good for you uber, my girlfriend hates my pipe smoking, she learning to deal though, I even can get away with smoking in front of her now

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
I even can get away with smoking in front of her now

That's good. Otherwise you'd have to walk two paces behind her everywhere you go. That's not dignified and makes you look like a stalker.

Jul 15, 2011
My girlfriend is really great as well. She not only tolerates and accepts my pipe smoking, she agrees that it helps to calm me down after a day of work. She still feels weird buying pipes and tobaccos as gifts for me, but she is always cool me placing regular TAD orders and letting me get new accesories when needed.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
Its cool she can make you an ashtray. At least in a few more years she can sit with the adults at thanksgiving.
Sorry bro couldn't resist. :rofl:

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
That is very cool of her to make you an ashtray. I remember when I was a little kid, in elementary school and we made ashtrays as gifts for our parents as a standard thing in art class.
I doubt they do that these days as it is so politically incorrect. Too bad, but good your girlfriend can make you one.

orionpyoung

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2012
Marquette Michigan
My wife is actually quite fond of my pipe smoking, I think mostly because it replaced cheap cigars! No hesitation from her to buy new blends for me to try out and of course, she even takes an odd puff herself.
I wouldn't bother with buying a "cork knocker", I just use old champagne corks. I have an extra one on hand, if you'd like it, send me a pm.

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
Uber, It's awesome she's so tolerant. It means one less argument in the future. I too remember making ashtrays like Kevin said for my dad. Congrats on the turtle ashtray.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Thats nice of her. Treat her well Uber. Thats funny I forgot all about the art class ashtray! I made one for my dad and he used it too. Cool memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.