PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Edit: If a mod would be so kind as to change the title of the thread to " My Friend Had A Baby And We Lit Up Cigars" Instead of " My friend a baby...." Thanks :)
Yeah yeah yeah... This has nothing to do with pipe tobacco, and that's why it's in the General Discussion section lol. I can say anything I want here.
Onward with the story.
A friend of mine had the first child out of the group. And we celebrated this with cigars of course (Alec Bradley - Black Market). And I'm very glad to say it was the best cigar I've had in all my life on this earth. But again... I'm a pipe guy so take that with some salt and a tequila shot because even though I don't know diddly about cigars I know that this is an incredible cigar.
My better half insisted that we put "It's a boy" ribbons on the cigars. I let her do it as long as I didn't have to help and she didn't get glue on the cigar itself. I think they came out OK.
P8281849.jpg

Here's the brand new father holding up his stogie for the camera. Smile you sucker lol.
P8281853.jpg

And here's the father of the new father. He's stricly a cigar man himself and thought he would come outside and smoke the cheapo "It's a boy" dollar cigars that he assumed was what we brought. He was very happily surprised and kept saying over and over, "Damn this is a GOOD cigar. I'm happy." In my opinion the thing tasted more and more like meat when you got really close to finishing it. It was just crazy delicious all the way through.
P8281858.jpg

You can see me here cuttin the bad boy.
P8281856.jpg

All of my buddies don't really smoke with any regularity so it was fun to watch them struggle to understand where they were supposed to snip the end. Some cut off more than others... a lot more.
P8281857.jpg

Here I am to the far left still tasting it and deciding if I liked it or not.
P8281865.jpg

And after. I'm just looking at this massive thing and thinking. "OMG, it's amazing. Everything a cigar should be."
P8281859.jpg

About a half hour later when the sun was setting I took some liberties with the camera to take advantage of the background haha.
P8281872.jpg

P8281873.jpg

P8281874.jpg

The father of the brand new father told his son to take it easy. We all told him. Warned him of the nicotine, don't inhale, puff slow, in and out. Well even after all these precations he didn't fair too well towards the end of the night. I think he was feeling the nic hit more than anyone else. Even though his on the larger side as far as the group is concerned lol.
P8281870.jpg

All in all it was a great night. And I'll have to buy a box of these for Festivus coming up. (Seinfield Refference FTW) :)

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
That is one of the best occasions for a smoke. Glad to hear there is a new life in the fold.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Great pics - can't say I ever had a great cigar, but I hear they're pretty special when you get one - congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.