PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Had to use my last day of vacation for the year and since I always have Sunday, Monday and Wednesdays off I took my last day off on Tuesday. So, from Saturday afternoon until tonight I haven't really done a damn thing. Stayed at home, watched a lot of movies (this morning was "Dead in Tombstone", a Danny Trejo B-movie Western) and TV (just a lot of Dr. Who and hockey), took naps, hung out with my kids, cleaned, did laundry ... my usual stuff when I'm off work.
But, I also got a lot of pipe smoking in. We had a cold snap in Colorado that lasted longer than it needed to so the last four days were beautiful: 50s and sunny. I used every pipe in my rotation and mostly just smoked Sutliff Molto Dolce, JFH Ruins of Isengard, 1Q, CBW and H&H.
Most pipe smoking I've gotten done since end of October and it was really nice to spend plenty of quality time with my briar (and cob, and Falcon) staring at the fence, shaking my fist at the squirrels and watching people take out their garbage. All while not having to worry about waking up early for work and shaving.

Jan 8, 2013
I have a day's worth of vacation and a personal day left myself. I have until March to use them, but I'm seriously thinking about using them soon. Glad you had some rest and relaxation. We all need that from time to time. I've been meaning to try Ruins (and some of the other blends) and Molto Dolce. How are they?

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Love Ruins. I think it has a good balance of latakia in it: not too much and not too little. I LOVE Molto Dolce, best aro I've had yet. I love aros, but I can't do fruity blends and I have no problem dumping a bowl if it starts to bite or taste ashy.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Burned my last vacation day today. Stayed up late last night on a game, woke up after everyone else had gone to daily duties, played more computer game, watched my daughter at her bowling game, then a movie. Bed soon, then back to work.
Winton

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I played some games too, but even when I have the time to I usually don't as much as I did when I was younger ... and single ... and childless.
Sorry about the dog, trailboss. That sucks. When your days off suck going back to work is just about a welcomed break. The (unfortunately) REAL home-away-from-home.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Very nice cmdr - sounds like a great time. I am jealous of your 50 deg temps!
Temps here in VT have been 10-20F below zero at night. -4F was the HIGH a few days ago. Right now temps have skyrocketed into the 20s and it feels downright balmy compared to the last week.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Yeah, it was a good four days. Now the temps have gone down again with snow expected tonight.
"Joy," he said with sarcastic delight.

1fatbbqr

Lurker
Apr 21, 2013
Sounds like a great way to spend a few days cmdr. I used to teach high school and got used to having lots of time off around the holidays. Since I started working in the private sector, I have saved some vacation days for use around the holidays. Today is my last day of work for the next 16 days. I don't head back until January 6th. I have so many pipes that I have to finish breaking in. I am really looking forward to all the smoking I'll get to do.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I'm looking forward to some well deserved time off too, I'm off from Christmas to the 6th of January so I can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.