PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmccarthy

Might Stick Around
May 29, 2012
Hello gentlemen,

Sometime next week I will smoke my first pipe ever. I am just waiting for the tobacco to arrive in the mail. I ordered Captain Black Royal Pipe Tobacco. Has anyone tried it? What are your thoughts?
Cheers!

-MrMcCarthy :D

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
One of the first I ever tried and a decent first smoke. If you like it, I might suggest switching to Lane 1-Q which is a higher quality version of CBR but made by the same company and still inexpensive. What kind of pipe do you have?

mrmccarthy

Might Stick Around
May 29, 2012
Alright thanks for the info. I have a churchwarden and am thinking of ordering another pipe soon, though im not sure what i want yet.

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
You've come to the right place, I second the suggestion for some Lane 1Q, it's great stuff. Happy puffing!.

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
I also agree that for your first smoke, Lane 1Q would be ideal......

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
I have a churchwarden
Another LotR guy eh? :wink:
Welcome to the brotherhood. Another pipe would certainly serve you well there are even some members selling some fine pipes for some pretty nice prices here and now. A little something to consider.

steyrshrek

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2012
Welcome, you can't go wrong with 1Q, its good stuff, everyone around you will like it too. You can never have too many pipes.

gungnir

Lurker
May 22, 2012
Hope your first smoking session goes well, and if it goes well may it establish into an enjoyable lifelong journey. Oh and +1 to the 1Q its good stuff.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Enjoy your first smoke session! All that is said about 1Q is positive so give it a shot!

As mentioned above, you might be suffering from PAD soon, so let your wallet have some warning before you buy anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.