Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
https://youtu.be/oDzQzaCRKes
Check out my E A Carey's first tobacco review- black twist sliced - first ever YouTube attempt
Oldmansmoking

oldmansmoking

May 13, 2017
UK
Now that's a thing it's made for them but they are quite secretive- often the work with a company like with their old town vanilla flake.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Pitchfork has made a good point. That may very well be GH&Co's Black Twist Sliced.
Regardless, good first video review.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Yeah, going to go with the G&H theory. Their ropes will kick your teeth in! Great video!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Looks good! Nothing personal, but I just don't view such videos unless they are under three minutes. But I liked the opening!

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I agree John. I had to stop it as all I was hearing was reviews on various Peterson blends!
Though I have never made a YouTube video if I did I'd like to think I would do a very minimal intro then get straight onto the subject in question.
Also, as a tip to Oldgeezer, it might be a good idea to do a dummy run first, then you would be less likely to have to keep pausing while you think of what next to say.
Failing that a good first attempt :clap:
Regards,
Jay.

oldmansmoking

May 13, 2017
UK
E A Carey's are Guernsey based, they ship world wide, they are a great company with some great products, although I have never liked their magic inch pipes.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Some of the fun doing a YouTube review is the spontaneity"
Indeed it is but you must always have your target audience in mind and keep them interested in the subject of the title. Lengthy intros, going off on tangents and forever pausing whilst gathering your thoughts puts many folks off.
Best just to get right in there and keep on topic with minimum faltering, hence my suggestion of doing a dummy run first.
On a totally different subject, I see you have a few tobacco jars in your collection. I have two though I don't use them. One is turned from Serpentine (quarried here in cornwall) and the other is a large oak barrel. As you're based in the UK would you be interested in acquiring the oak one? If so PM me and I will send you pictures and dimensions.
Regards,
Jay.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I normally do not enjoy YouTube pipe reviews because there is too much focus on unrelated stuff, including the showing of tattoos and random anecdotes, but this one won me over because you talked about the reasons that you enjoyed the tobacco. You are personable and it comes across in the video, which is rather charismatic.
I can echo some of the suggestions others have made here, such as doing a trial run so you have a framework on which to build your spontaneity, and add only to that the little thought that perhaps a tripod would be useful, so that you could show more of yourself, pipe and tobacco tins/pouches with ease.
Good stuff. Looking forward to more.

deleon

Nov 7, 2011
Texas
Good first tobacco video review, congrats on your first video publishing on YouTube.

Jan 8, 2013
Well done, Oldmansmoking. First thing that popped up in my mind.... you looked like an old sailor with all the ear piercings, perhaps from a couple centuries ago anyway. And lo and behold you mention you were in the Navy. The piercings suit you. Great video. I may try the tobacco soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.