My First Trever Talbert Goblin

(23 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by cigrmaster
  • Latest reply from cigrmaster
  1. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I was finally on line looking at my email when I got an email from Trever about one of his Goblins being available. Too many times I was late to the party so actually seeing one not sold was a minor miracle. The pipe is an Apple shape which is a group 5 and weihs in at 60 grams. I am psyched to finally be able to smoke one of these, but will have to wait until after July 10th to smoke it and to give my review. My oldest daughter and I are going to Italy so I had Trever hold off on shipping it to me. Here are the pics of this bad boy.

Harris
    Posted 3 years ago #
  2. iamn8

Nate

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

AWESOME! Almost bought that one myself! CONGRATS! Love that pipe!

Nate @ Moody AL
    Posted 3 years ago #
  3. beefeater33

beefeater33

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Great score! It reminds me of the sleestacks from "Land of the Lost"...... And that is a compliment.
    I really dig that one, enjoy.....

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dream..."
    Willy Wonka
    Posted 3 years ago #
  4. jefff

jefff

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nut sack...I like it!

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. swhipple

swhipple

Login to Send PM

That's a fine looking pipe. I love the Goblin line and that one is a great one in my opinion. It looks different but still looks like it will smoke well. Hope you enjoy it!

Posted 3 years ago #
  6. jmatt

jmatt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I saw him post that one. I don't like ALL of his pipes, but I do love many of them. And I do appreciate his artistry on each and every pipe he creates. He's truly got his own unique flavor. If you're familiar with his work you can spot one of his pipes a mile away.

Great purchase!

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Oh well, I check everyday and didn't today, at least it went to a good home, his Goblin is the only one of his pipes I don't have, enjoy it,
    banjo

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

Nice choice. Some of his Goblins are too far over the top for my taste, that one looks just right! Travel safe and enjoy on your return.

Al

Posted 3 years ago #
  9. jerwynn

jerwynn

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wow!! Extracted from the mines of Mordor perchance?! (Or is it mines of Moria... I always get that confused!) Otherwise WOW again! Fascinating! Congrats!

“Deep peace of the running wave to you.
 Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
 Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
 Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
    Deep peace of the infinite peace to you." - Fiona Macleod
    Posted 3 years ago #
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigpond

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nice grab. It's funny. I was online when I got a message that talberts email came in. In the few seconds between the pop up and clicking the link, that pipe was already sold. I think it was a new record. Have fun in Italy Harris. Where are you guys headed?

Posted 3 years ago #
  11. blueeyedogre

blueeyedogre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That looks like one of his tamer goblins. I like it!

"Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong." - Corinthians 16:13
    "Let us be English or let us be French . . . and above all let us be Canadians." – Sir John A MacDonald
    "The world was to me a secret which I desired to divine." - Frankenstein, Mary Shelley
    Posted 3 years ago #
  12. crashthegrey

crashthegrey

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I definitely want to own a goblin eventually. This one is one of his best, in my opinion.

Posted 3 years ago #
  13. edgreen

edgreen

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Beautiful pipe. I've dreamed of one similar to add to my "green" collection for obvious reasons. Congratulations also on the fast fingers. Those things go really fast.

Tobacco's a musician.And in a pipe delighteth;It descends in a close,Through the organ of the nose, With a relish that inviteth.
    Barten Holiday
    Posted 3 years ago #
  14. trevert

Trever Talbert

Login to Send PM

I am more than a wee bit delayed replying to this, but just wanted to drop in and say thanks! And also, thanks to everyone else for all the kind words. I just finished another Goblin yesterday and got the reminder that it was getting near time to ship Harris's pipe now, which reminded me. Life has been more than a bit hectic here lately since my wife's elderly father fell and broke his arm in two places, on TOP of suffering from senile dementia, so... I'm definitely falling behind in my email replies and forum activities. All my working time at the moment has been devoted to *making* pipes, not writing about them.

Posted 3 years ago #
  15. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Trever,
    Sorry to hear about you wife's dad, I know what that is like when my wife's mom broke her foot and I found her outdoors with no jacket or gloves in the winter, her dementia prevented her remembering the spare key under the mailbox, it was one of those fortunate days I left early to come home and got her into bed and warmed her up with some soup then got her to the emergency room, hope your moms dad heals well.

Harris,
    I now join you having just nabbed Trever's latest Goblin with a horn stem, an author shape, which I've really just fallen in love with, it has gills and my favorite a horn stem, cheers.
    banjo

Posted 3 years ago #
  16. markthelad

markthelad

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sweet pipe Harris! Wicked mohawk!

"I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex, and rich food. He was healthy right up to the day he killed himself."
    Johnny Carson
    Posted 3 years ago #
  17. trevert

Trever Talbert

Login to Send PM

@fishnbanjo
    Firstly, thanks for the business! We'll get it on the way tomorrow, though given the holiday weekend, I bet the PO won't get it to you till next week. Crossed fingers you get it Saturday!

Em's dad is in really odd shape. I don't know how else to describe it. He's lucid, he knows us by sight, he carries on conversations normally, and is doing all the recovery exercises they're giving him in the care home. Doctors say his arm is doing as well as could be expected for an 89 year old, and they've already moved him to a smaller cast setup. OTOH, he doesn't know what year it is, he doesn't know who's president, and for some reason he believes the recovery center is in New England (?) (We're in NC, FWIW). Occasionally he'll talk to someone who isn't there, and he believes there are cats wandering in and out of the rooms. It's all a bit surreal.

Posted 3 years ago #
  18. jefff

jefff

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I want a Ligne Cutty. They are just beautiful.

I joined the email list. I will be diligent!

Posted 3 years ago #
  19. fishnbanjo

fishnbanjo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Trever,
    From the experience with my mil, we were her care givers, except for the cats (she did see relatives past) you may have well described her including the age, no idea what day, month, president or year but knew she was in Maine mostly because she was with us, not an easy thing. I would always speak to her as she was lucid and 85% of the time she wasn't I figured when she was I didn't have to shift gears. She once told the nursing staff where she was the last 6 months prior to her passing from Cancer that I was her son, she had 3 daughters, at least I think it meant she really liked me. Warmest regards and best wishes to you and your wife.
    banjo

p.s. No rush on mailing the pipe it's a holiday weekend enjoy your family I have plenty to smoke this was the one that completed everything you ever made (model wise) and currently offer.

Posted 3 years ago #
  20. swhipple

swhipple

Login to Send PM

Beautiful pipe Banjo. Trevor does excellent work and I would love to own a Goblin one day. I've got 2 Ligne Bretagne pipes and they are both finally crafted smoking machines!

Posted 3 years ago #
  21. trevert

Trever Talbert

Login to Send PM

I'm glad to hear you guys are enjoying your Ligne Bretagnes! FWIW, though, they've gotten a lot rarer this year. There are so many guys now selling their own versions of the "factory-turned, artisan-finished" pipes that the field has gotten ridiculously crowded, to the point that I'm actually making fewer LBs and spending more of my time on Talbert Briars and Goblins. There are a couple of LB Collectors on the site at the moment, but in general they're going to be a lot thinner on the ground this year than they have been in the past.

Posted 3 years ago #
  22. andystewart

andystewart

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ah, Trever. My heart breaks. I'm waiting patiently for the right LB that is still available when I get up in the morning in England. It WILL come and I will be waiting...

Harris and Banjo - those are stunning pipes. Fantastic craftsmanship! I hope you get many years of enjoyment from them.

Andy

"I don’t know how else to say it: you don’t see bums smoking pipes." Charlie Kramer
    Posted 3 years ago #
  23. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am smoking my new Goblin and I love it. The balance is amazing, it sits perfectly while I clench. It smokes incredibly cool and dry. No pipe cleaner needed so far and the pipe is barely warm. I am definitely going to be adding a bunch more Goblins to my collection.

Posted 3 years ago #

You must log in to post.

banner

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   sumusfumus, georged, jaytex969, agnosticpipe, cshubhra, cortezattic, paulfg, pitchfork, malicev, railman, jerrynyc, catyrpelius, jiminks, olkofri, warren