Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
I just got into pipe smoking. Purchased a starter pack from pupesandcigars.com and got stated. I was sent Ces't la vie and that stuff is terrible! Purchased some Sutliff Maple Street, and man is that stuff good! I've not had much experience but I do know that this doesn't bite, taste good, and my stach smells great afterwards! Great stuff all around.

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
Lol "smart" phones, dumb fingers. I've got two more aro blends on the way, Cinnimon Roll and Scotty's Butternut Burley. I'll have to look through the other Sutliff blends to see what catches my eye.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Sparks, I'm too f'n busy. I'm going to be out of town on work for the next LVPC AND Morley's.

Beats NOT working, though.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I have to be in NYC at 9am Tuesday for the start of a 3-day shoot. A late night of smoke and drink on Monday ain't part of that picture.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Texmexpipe: If it will help you any, here's my reviews of all the Sutliff Private Stock blends. You'll have scroll down the first one some to see all of them. Most of the ones in the second post are bunched together.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/jims-sutliff-private-stock-reviews?replies=1#post-461978
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/jims-sutliff-private-stock-reviews-chapter-two

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I don't smoke many Sutliff blends, but their Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match is excellent! It's also very affordable, but is only available in bulk.

I also like their Molto Dolce, even though I don't really smoke Aros that much any more.

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
Jim, thanks for the links. I enjoy the whole process of reading through reviews and making wish lists as they strike me.

Great community here on the forums too!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
They are not alike. The Virginia Slices have no real topping unlike the Golden Slices. They are less sweet, more earthy and grassy, and don't have that pinch of perique either. I like both for different reasons.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I tried Maple Street recently and yes, it is good. So good I order 3 more tins on the buy 3 get one free deal. I got the Taste of Autumn tin for free because it sounds good. The box from pipes and cigars just arrived today! You might enjoy Mac Baren Vanilla Cream flake?

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
Welcome to the pipe smoking world! Sutliff has some great blends - might try Pumpkin Spice too - and Barbados Plantation. Buster mentioned Vanilla Cream Flake - I'd agree, one of the best vanilla aromatics out there. Where you at in Texas?

texmexpipe

Oct 20, 2014
Pylorns, Im currently living in upstate NY but I'm Texan through and through. I really miss it in many ways. I used to be around your area when I was in college. I went to SWT in San Marcos.

Status
Not open for further replies.