Louisiana
picture-002-600x508.jpg

Here is my bowl before I started .

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
picture-005-600x450.jpg

After I sanded it where I wanted it , I applied some black stain to the rim's . Then flamed , whipped , and sanded a bit more .

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
picture-006-600x450.jpg

Next I used some medium brown to the bowl surface ,then flamed, whipe down , and sanded more with various micro-mesh pads .

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
picture-008-600x447.jpg

Finally hand polished , folowed by a light polish with a buff bob on my drill ,( waiting on my bench polisher via UPS ), and at last waxed with Walker Briar works carnuba wax that came with the stem restore kit . :puffpipe:

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
Would any of you fine folks have a stim to fit this ? If its available please let me know . The stim was broken and a piece was stuck in the shank . Took a bit of cajun inginuity to get it out :lol:

hunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Canada
Man oh man, what a beauty! Utterly Fantastic! I for one can't wait for you to find a stem so you can tell us how it smokes!

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
I second that emotion hunter . I may just place her on briarbid though . I have another similar to this one . But I will smoke her first . :puffy:

patiobum

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2009
Baytown,Texas
Would any of you fine folks have a stim to fit this ? If its available please let me know . The stim was broken and a piece was stuck in the shank . Took a bit of cajun inginuity to get it out
Walkerbrierworks.com has a selection of replacement stems.
Good job on the refinish.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Great job on the re stain it came out beautiful! I second cortezattic pointer to jhlowe.com . If you are able to measure the mortise diameter, Tim West might even be able to turn the tenon of the replacement stem for you.

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
Thanks for the kind words , and info regarding a replacement tip . @ hfearly , I really want to redo a bowl using that awesome amber and black contrast you posted on another thread . I loved the way it looked .

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Cajundad:
Wonderful restoration job, my friend. I'm assuming this is a Ben Wade made in Denmark, right?
Fnord
P.S. PM sent

Status
Not open for further replies.