PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmsutton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2014
I drove about 30 minutes to a new (to me, they have been open over 20 years) B&M. They had an excellent selection of pipes and tobaccos. But best of all is that they had a box of refurnished estate pipes for $30. I saw a Stanwell and fell in love with it... especially for $30!! This is what I consider my first "high quality" pipe. I got it an and am so excited about it. If anyone knows anything about this line of Stanwells, let me know.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
To me, Stanwells and Savinellis give a lot of bang for the buck. I don't know what model you have but my Stannies all smoke well, are light, and never fail me. I'm sure you'll have a similar experience with yours. Enjoy and have fun with it.

May 31, 2012
Congrats on the good find!

It should serve you well.

:puffy:
I love Stanwell and have had great luck with them.
Your pipe is from a line called Antique,

they had either the yellow amber-look end as your has,

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/denmark/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=109296
or a transparent amber-look,

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/denmark/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=156877
Stanwell made many military mount pipes in all different shapes,

for a good long while I was obsessed with the 63M,

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/some-of-my-pipes-2
They have a lot of history and a little looking will uncover tons of Stanwell info.

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
Congrats! I would love a Stanwell but haven't happned across a deal like that yet.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
To get a Denmark-made Stanwell for $30 is some kind of a steal! But in the most honorable sense.

Congratulations. Stanwell's are excellently engineered and deliver a great smoke. They are dependable

like Savenelli's, and they don't have the filter/adaptor option to contend with. (All of my Sav's are non-filter

pipes, but many that I might want have filters or the optional adaptor, which I like less.) Anyway, good

grab on that Danish made Stanwell. I like the pricing at the B&M. At that price, another Stanwell might be

a good idea, especially if they have it at that price in a different shape.

jmsutton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2014
They actually had one more in stock, but they only take cash for the estate pipes and I only had thirty bucks cash on me. I may go back and see if it's still there in the next few days. Thank you all for the information. I'm excited to sit down and try it out for the first time.

mattsem

Might Stick Around
Oct 14, 2014
very good looking pipe. love it. I'm still on a look out for a stanwell as dont have any yet. enjoy it mate

jmsutton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2014
After cleaning it up a bit, I had my first smoke with it today. It was amazing. Burned cool and smoked it for about an hour without really trying.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Pipes and Cigars has good deals on Stanwells. I bought two of them at once this year at $49.95 each. They're

not $30, and they're not Denmark-made, but they are Stanwell's and excellent smokers. Just be sure you get

the ones without filters, unless you prefer the 9 mm filters. Read carefully. Both mine are filterless, as desired.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Lovely! My Stanwell turned out to be a Danish made Zebrano - though I paid rather more than $30 for it. Sounds like you got a heck of a deal...

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
Very nice score Matt, by the knowledge of the above members you got a real nice pipe. Very beautiful pipe, may it serve you well mate ...

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
It's a great to know that the B&M offers such a fantastic deal. I'd wager most of us haven't even been into a real pipe/cigar store very often. Maybe that will stimulate more visits and help this segment of our hobby survive.
That is a great looking Danish! Glad to hear that is smokes great! Such a deal!

That should make you a regular visitor, and advocate for that particular vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.