PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
got it on ebay. was a little apprehensive about a seller with no rating at all. played a hunch, gave him benefit of the doubt and was right. got it this morning. it is used or estate if you please. needless to say, i gave him his first rating of five stars across the board.
loaded the rascal up with some fox and hound. tasted good until it started cooking...phewwww......sour!!

went to the local booze store. no ever clear. they did have 153 grain in store brand.

smallest they had was a fifth. hell, i dont drink and will probably be dead long before that bottle is close to being used up.

have a bunch of black pipe cleaners and sure there will be more.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Today I snagged a bottle of 91% Alcohol at Wally world 32 oz for less than two bucks. Works a treat for cleaning pipes.

edit:hit the wrong darn number. :evil:

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Hey Grouchy....Sounds like you're doing fine....I know you won't stop until the black is all gone. That should make a terrific difference.... :puffy:

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
swab and brush swab and brush swab and brush. that baby will be as slick as my old sako.

another half hour or so and she should be pretty close to being done. think i call her ol'betsey. would rather suck on a pipe with he name tattoed on it than suck on a pipe with a guys name like isookadeweiner tattoed on it. thats sick. kinda like two two gay guys sharing a stall in the mens room. must be willy and sookylottie at it again.
this pipe tells me alot, interesting. will tell the story later on.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
squeaky clean, two bowls and good to the last puff.
crap, what have i done? my other pipes look crappy now, crap.

now i wont have any rest in my butt untill the others squeak. i may have to get another fifth.
obsesive obsesive obsesive obsesive obsesive

DAMN

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Beautiful Wisconsin. 91% Isopropyl alcohol in the pharmacy . Got a booze isle in the food area too!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Ah-ha, I thought you were buying booze! Is there any real advantage with Everclear vs 91% isopropyl alcohol? I used isopropyl on my last estate clean-up. My recently acquired Charatan needs a good going over...

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
Most pharmacies carry 91% isopropyl alcohol, they just make you hunt for it. For some reason it's ALWAYS

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
Most pharmacies carry 91% isopropyl alcohol, they just make you hunt for it. For some reason it's ALWAYS on the very bottom shelf.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
did you see before picks on other thread?

dont have another free usb plug. gawd, this puter must be seven years old not.

anyway when i see the family puter geek, he may take photos on his puter and email to me.

dont know how soon this might happed. engineer and doesnt get enough at home time with his family.

wish i had his smarts. oh well

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Which reminds me it is getting to be time for a round of salt/alcohol treatments for my pipes. Been a few months again. I use 60% vodka for this.

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
between stiff bristle and extra absorbent about 35. almost three shots of grain 153 alcohol.

gave it a good hand wash with murphys oil soap.

gave her a good rub down with regular pledge soaked rag.

use pledge on fishing tackle especilly the fly rods and reels used in salt water. cleans them up very nicely. :wink:

salt water fly tackle runs around $1000 per rig. thats the good stuff. the rich guys rigs can easily get way up over $2000 high end.

Status
Not open for further replies.