PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 10, 2015
It's your fault. There is wizardry here, and in a trance of overpowering compulsion I found myself glassy eyed and quivering with need for another pipe. "Savinelli," the demon within me whispered, "you have no Savinelli." I felt my will collapse within me. I whimpered. A howl of anguish and desire broke from my lips. "I must have a Savinelli!" I shouted to the empty room. There was no one to help me, to restrain me in my craven weakness. The vile wizardry was strong. I tried to deflect it by looking at tobacco. Numbers lost their meaning. Hell is the impossibility of reason. I was enslaved to a force I could not defeat. I yielded and a peaceful calm enveloped me. "Yes," I murmured. "I shall." A joy indescribable in its sweetness held me in thrawl. It was right to obey, to embrace in love the inhabitant of my will. "This," I said pointing. "This one here. This pipe. This Savinelli. This glorious, wonderful thing. It was put here for me and is fit for no other." The demon smiled. "No one but you," it said. "Beware of thieves," it said. "Now," it said. "Thieves," it said again. And then it became mine.
002-033-20955.jpg

http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/savinelli/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=170141

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
My 904 alligator has smoked like a dream for years. Your demon did you a big favor.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a great finish on the pipe. I like that depth and width in the bowl in a pipe that weighs only 1.49 ounces. Great clencher. You may like balsa filters, but if you prefer no filter, you can leave it out, and if you want a tighter draw, you can use an adapter. I think I have six or seven Savs, including the churchwarden in the avatar. They'll never let you down.

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
No filter on this one, MSO. I don't mind the filter issue with Cobs, but think I'll avoid them in Briars.

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
Incidentally, the Savinelli Capris are on sale at smokingpipes.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Very nice ... just added another Sav myself (Sav 2000 Brown Rusticated) and think they are great pipes!
Congrats!! :puffy:

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Thinking of adding another Savinelli to my other Savs. myself.

One maker you can't go wrong with. Enjoy... !

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Gorgeous Capri. I love this style of rustication. I'm happy to hear they are making these again. The story goes that Savinelli discontinued the Capri because the rustication process was so laborious and time consuming.
Congrats and enjoy.

retrogasm

Might Stick Around
Aug 15, 2014
I read an even more romantic telling where the one guy that knew how to do the capri finish died and they simply stopped making pipes like that. Yours sounds more accurate though Dave. It's a beautiful finish regardless, and a beautiful shape Max.

owen

May 28, 2014
Can we all stop saying how great they are and that they are on sale please . It's not helpful.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I got this Roma last year sometime early on in my journey. I just liked how it looked and I got it for less than 50 bucks, so I was happy. I didn't know if it (and really still don't) had origins in the Savanelli factory.

Roma Sitter
roma-sitter-600x450.jpg

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
The pipe arrived today. It's smaller than I expected but a good size. The rustication looks exactly like that on my Radice Billiard. I love it. This is a light pipe and easy to clench, and I'm not a clencher. This could make me an occasional one. I'm really liking bent pipes. This is only my second, excluding the two Cob Legends I've got. This Savinelli looks like a more expensive pipe than it cost me ($92.50 - less than any Peterson). I'm very happy I got this and hope to get more Savinelli Capris. This is a beautiful pipe.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
My first Savinelli arrived a few days ago, and had my first bowl this morning. Good to the last drop. (Though I don't literally smoke that far down)
A bent billiard, brown rusticated finish. Wish I had gotten the ebony finish!

Status
Not open for further replies.