PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

soren

Lurker
Apr 6, 2010
As you all know, I decided to purchase a new Savinelli pipe. I mail ordered it from smoke.co.uk (as I am in the UK) and in 2 days it was sitting at my doorstep.
As soon as I saw the post man, I was excited and at my door. This pipe is the second I have ever owned, as my Falcon was my starter pipe.
I immediately dropped my Falcon and opened my package to inspect my new Savinelli. Here is my new pipe:
DSC07077E.jpg

I love the look of this new pipe and think the pictures of it on the net just do not do it justice. The rustic black with deep red tones really underscores my taste in a pipe. I soon whisked it away to my workshop (where I smoke often for peace of mind).
To begin breaking it in I decided to lightly honey coat the bowl and fill it half way. I loaded my American Black Cherry which was left to dry for 6 hours and lit my new pipe.
Much to my amazement, I think I dried the tobacco just right. I had only needed to relight 2 times and smoked for what seemed like ages.
The feel of this pipe was just right in my hand. The draw was perfect, the smoke smooth and the way it smoked was simply heavenly. For a time there I felt like I was in another world. I thoroughly enjoyed this pipe straight out of the box and can only imagine it getting better by each smoke.
Two thumbs up on this pipe!

adauria

Lurker
Mar 29, 2010
Beautiful pipe! Savinelli's are excellent values too. I'm sure you'll love it even more once it is broken in. Enjoy!
-Andrew

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Soren... I agree with the guys that have commented before me... beautiful pipe. It sound like you should hang a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door to your workshop and spend a little alone time with your new pipe... the honeymoon is just beginning... pace yourself!

shotokun16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 15, 2010
HOLY !%!@) thats what i have and thats my first savinelli. i have to agree you the Savinelli Roma 616 ( i think thats what you have) rusticated is amazing i love it and the weight 2.60oz feels like a very expensive (i.e. $150+) pipe!

raf66

Might Stick Around
Mar 2, 2010
Very nice pipe. Alas I have but one Savinelli and it is a fine smoker.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
I have yet to acquire a Sav.
I'm eyeing one pretty hard. Only 60 bucks.
002-033-3055.jpg

One thing though. What about this 6 MM filter nonsense? Does the adapter really work? I'm cautious about contraptions in my airway.

surfmac211

Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Its funny how it seems that one of the first pipes that really catches your eye always smokes great. My first purchase was a Peterson Shannon and still love to smoke that little pipe.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I wouldn't worry about the filter Jonesing. You can use the adapter or leave it out. It works great with or without it. I use the adapter in some of my Sav's and don't use it in others and can not tell any difference.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Congrats on the new pipe Soren! I love Savinellis and have 3 of them.
Ironically, I was supposed to meet with them today to write a story on them, but they had to cancel. I am posting from the smoking lounge at Tobacconist of Cary (North Carolina), right down the road from Savinelli USA right now.
I know you will get a lot of enjoyment from your new Savinelli.

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
You think maybe they canceled because I called their filter "nonsense"? :>)
Thanks for the info. Bob. Pretty much what I expected to hear. I've not seen any complaints. Maybe I can build a glider out of the included cute little balsa filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.