PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have been admiring Brian's work for a while now and have been watching ebay and the online dealers for the right one. Well yesterday, I got pretty lucky and picked up this 1/4 bent natural apple with a Cumberland stem. It has a group 5 bowl which is right in my wheel house.

KGrHqRHJCYFBveUECiuBQoFjN8wQ60_57.jpg

KGrHqZHJDQFCWFYZVWBQoFjQgFQ60_57.jpg

KGrHqFHJDMFCfleCcCBQoFjV6V460_57.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Wow Harris, that is gorgeous. I've also admired Brians pipes but the timing has never been right right to acquire one. I love his Cumberland stem work and in particular those half-saddle stems. The stem and finish on your pipe is outstanding. I'm curious to hear how it smokes compared to your Rads and other pipes.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations Harris on your new pipe. That is an excellent pre Thanksgiving gift to yourself. I hope it provides many years of enjoyment.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks for the nice comments guys, it is appreciated.
This one really spoke to me in that is just screamed, hold me,fondle me, you know you want to. I know it is going to feel great in the hand.
Al, I will definitely report back and give you a comparison to my Rad's and other American artisan pipes. I have heard Brian's pipes smoke really well. I also have been admiring his stem work especially the Cumberlands.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks for the nice comments guys.
Roth, I thought I got a good deal on this one it falls in the range you mentioned. I have not seen one of his natural finishes since I have been on the lookout for one.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Your Ruthenberg looks very similar to mine.
In my opinion the true high point of a Ruthenberg pipe is the stem; wide open, smooth, brilliantly flared.
Enjoy!

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
That blast, natural finish, and cumberland all look just right together in that amazingly comfortable looking shape. Very nice pickup, Harris!

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Amazing blast that greatly resonates with the overall shape. And the stem is a real beauty. You got lucky big time!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks guys it is appreciated.
bigvan, my eye was drawn to that stem right away, I love the lines on it. I can't wait to see how comfortable it is.
al, being this is my first natural, I am also curious to see the patina develop, should be pretty cool in a year. It will definitely be getting plenty of action.

Status
Not open for further replies.