PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Well, this finally arrived in the mail today:

002-029-247781.jpg

It makes for an unusual smoking experience. It smokes well, feels different (not unpleasantly so) in the hand, and in general is just different from the billiards I'm accustomed to. I suspect this may not be the last Rhodisian I get, and this one is certainly a keeper.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
That's a handsome pipe and bulldogs are great shapes. I'm sure that once you get used to it that it won't be your last. I'm looking at adding a Blakemar Lytchbruyere bulldog to my collection very soon. Enjoy yours.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Nice looking Rhodesian. They are very much like potato chips, you can't have just one.....dozen.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I've only had one bulldog for the past ten years, but after the past couple of bulldog/rhodesian threads recently, I may have to remedy that. Very nice Dracula rhody sparrowhawk!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
sparrow, great looking pipe. What type of tobacco did you smoke in it? I am a big fan of Rhodesians as everyone I own is a flake smoking machine. Congrats on a great addition to your collection.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Really nice pipe, a real looker. Being again new to this great hobby and wondering what shapes and sizes I would like, so many to choose from. I have to say the Rhod's are my favorite. Probably why I had my commsiion pipe made in the Rhodesian style.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Yes, I've really come to like this pipe.I especially like the sandblasting typical of the Dracula series. I suspect when I can afford it, I'll get the Irish Harp 999. But I have a Nording coming in next week, and that already stretches my budget. But sure enough, my credit card company sent an offer to increase my line of credit to $5000. And we all know where that leads!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Very nice. The Rhodesian certainly is a different experience holding and smoking than a straight billiard (I never acquired a taste for that shape). Not too short, not too long, most have just the right bend (1/8 or so). Enjoy!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Well, i've been puffing away at the Drac Rhodesian for a couple of days now, and I couldn't enjoy it more (except when it develops some cake). It is interesting to discover a new type of pipe (for me) that I like almost as much as the billiard. When finances allow, I'm sure I'll get another Rho, specifically a 999 Irish Harp, sometime in the not too distant future.

Monday I'll be prowling the house waiting for a new Nording arrives. PAD is going to bankrupt me yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.