PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravenwolfe

Lurker
Jul 12, 2012
I just ordered my first "real" pipe.I have a few bargin basket and cobs as i am still a new comer so I am really excited about this purchase. I do have one question I have seen many times to break in a new pipe to smoke it in thirds until a good cake is formed. There was a article i read on here by either Gl or Kevin that they werent sold on it until they tried it and it seemed to be working out better than they hoped my question is how do you pack just a third of a bowl? I am still trying to master the childs hand womans hand mans hand method and dont see that working out for me with so small of amount. Any suggestions or how toos? Anyways here is the link to the pipe i ordered let me know what you think of my choice.
http://www.vauen.de/photo/detail/en/Nobile_N_293/9.51.4.10.html

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
very nice pipe you got.

I am a novice myself but I pack the bottom 3rd down enough where I find a nice restriction on the draw that feels like sucking liquid through a straw. Has been working for me at least

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Yes the two stems is a very cool concept. +1 for fill it up and smoke slowly; I like to fill it up all the way just dropping the tobacco in and them press it down til it feels spring and repeat til it's full. Works best with ribbons or shag.

ravenwolfe

Lurker
Jul 12, 2012
Took me a minutde to even see what you were tlking about lol.Im at work boss walked by lol sorry My first Pipe lol

ravenwolfe

Lurker
Jul 12, 2012
No I ordered it off Amazon I contacted Vauen via email and they told me to contact cvtobacco.com as they are their partner here in the US.I havent got a reply yet but they have quite a selection on their site.More than I found anywhere else.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
:worship: Excellent choice Ravenwolfe.

Two for one... and beautiful to boot.
Just a hint/word of warning/caution regarding a pipe with two stems.
DON'T REMOVE THE STEM UNTIL THE PIPE HAS COMPLETELY COOLED!!!

The reason being, if you remove the stem while the pipe is warm you will/can cause the stem to loosen over time... even immediately.

Just wanted you to know one of the often overlooked hard and fast rules of pipe smoking. (considering that pipe smoking generally has no hard and fast rules... this one IS.

ravenwolfe

Lurker
Jul 12, 2012
Thanx for all the advise guys and I am also waiting on 5 oz of Halflings Leaf and an oz of all of Jack Lee Blends others.I am now about to post on the thread the waiting game about the anticipation lol :puffy:

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Congrats Raven! I like the stain on that pipe.
Also as far as advice goes on packing... My best advice is to know when to unpack it and start over. Don't push it. If the draw feels to tight then pull it out and restart. I know it seems common sense, but when you figure you'll spend 45 min to an hour smoking and enjoying it it doesn't hurt to spend and extra minute preparing it.

ravenwolfe

Lurker
Jul 12, 2012
FIDDLESTICKS!! Just had to cancel my pipe order!They dont have that pipe as listed the ones they have are the brown stain and doesnt have the cocbolo wood accents.SMH

ravenwolfe

Lurker
Jul 12, 2012
OK I founfd and ebay dealer in Germany and the Vauen is on the way gonna take a few weeks but the good news is I found a guy with the Macqueen Ranger and Wizard in stock and they should arrive next Wednesday.PM me if anyone would like the sellers info on the Macqueens i know alot of guys like and want them but not sure bout the company wait and customer service.Hope this is a better route :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.