PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
I carved this block about 25 years ago and threw it in a drawer and forgot about it. When I found it a few months ago I took it to the pipe club meeting to ask Simeon Turner if he would put a stem on it for me. When he looked at all the ring grain he got all excited and said we have to blast it. He blasted it and did the stem and natural finish. Glad I listened to him.
IMG_0305_zps59543e75.jpg

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Now THAT'S an "artisan pipe". Sure, it helps that you had an assist by Simeon Turner, but the basic proportions of the bowl and stem are excellent.
Well done!

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
That's the best Troutface-Turner I've seen in some time.
Seriously, that's a nice pipe -- stem and bowl. Well done!

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Thank you for the kind words. I have dubbed it the "Drawer Pipe" and she is smoking as dry as can be. Over 25 years of aging the briar sure does wonders. Wish I had thrown a few more in the drawer :crying:

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Very nice pipe! There's always old briar blocks on the net somewhere if you start to miss having an unfinished pipe in the drawer or you could get a new block and wait. :wink:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Ah-ha! That's what we're doing with all these pipes (besides smoking them regularly); we're aging them!

ffmurray

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2013
its a great looking pipe, both the carving and the finish are great

Status
Not open for further replies.