PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
After reading the rave reviews given to Rad Davis pipes I decided to commission one for myself. I really enjoyed his interpretation of the Devil Anse so that was the design I picked. My pipe arrived about five days ago and I delayed gratification until today when I could enjoy that first smoke without interruption. Now I know what all the fuss was about. I spent all week admiring Rad's workmanship and when i finally lit this puppy my big toe shot straight up in my boot(thanks Lil Richard). Cool dry heaven is all I can say. I am saving my pennies and searching the couch cushions for change so can acquire another.

Here are the pictures. Rad is a master carver. (Thanks cigrmaster for awakening my PAD).

fh02176-0022-600x239.jpg

fh02176-008-600x456.jpg

fh02176-005-268x600.jpg

fh02176-007-573x600.jpg

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
That's a great looking pipe Keith! Rad really does make some fine looking pieces. I'd love one but the funds aren't right at the moment :( Oh well, someday.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
Excellent choice. I have one I'm waiting for too. I also have one from Ebay just recently and it just blows me away how good it smokes. WOW!!! :clap:

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
It's actually very functional. It's a steel ball bearing and underneath the pipe is a magnet, so it acts as an "any position" pipe rack. They became pretty popular a few years ago.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Whats that thing in the bowl?
It's a pearl of wisdom.
:rofl:
Actually, it's Ye Olde Ball Bearing Plug -- a great smoke for breaking in those Rad Davis pipes.
No, it's a beauty of a pipe -- thanks for sharing the pics.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Keith, that is a great looking pipe with a gorgeous blast. I also love the contrast stain on that one. I am not surprised to hear it smokes cool and dry, all of my Rads do so. I hope you enjoy it for many years to come.

captainpeg

Lurker
Mar 27, 2013
Keith - Great looking pipe there! Nice shape, solid blast, and killer stain...but with Rads' pipes the best part is the smoking for sure. First one was an edition put out by Mike G. at Briar Blues and its a top notch pipe in all respects. Rad has a great reputation not only for his work, but for WHO he is and it's well deserved. Never a bad decision to pick up one of Rad's briars, and I wish you years of enjoyment.

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.