PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
A few months back I caved to the pressure of my own PAD obsession and ordered me a custom Rad Davis pipe. It arrived today. I went with a large bent bulldog partial blast. It is a beautiful pipe. Now what should I load it up with? Should I be adventurous and load up one of these new to me tobaccos, Seattle Evening or Plum Pudding. Or play it safe with some Squadron Leader or Frog Morton?
P3141213_zps2236aea4.jpg

P3141216_zps1788e269.jpg

P3141217_zps07012477.jpg

P3141221_zps350cd613.jpg

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
dp - wow - great gorgeous BD there. The blast is exquisite and the smooth cap is beautiful. If that pipe is anything like my RDs, it will leap to the top of your best puffer list. BTW, I prefer breaking in new pipes with known blends, rather than confuse my poor addled taste buds any further. I like the concept of starting out with non-ghosters, in my case, light Virginias, so as to get the sense of the briar and to keep my options open for dedicating to a given blend if it seems desirable.
hp

les

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Wow, what a looker. Very very nice. I can't offer a suggestion since I dont do English's. :)

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
That is a stunning pipe, really well done. Congrats on your first Rad, I have a feeling it will not be your last. I second Les's thoughts about smoking a blend you are familiar with. You want to see how a pipe performs with a known blend.

okrent

Might Stick Around
Mar 12, 2013
Wow that is a beauty. If it smokes half as well as it looks, your golden. Can't go wrong with a bowl of Frog Morton in my book.
Lou

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Hoping to work with Rad shortly his pipes are certainly top notch and yours is no exception, simply stunning, enjoy it.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
That is a beautiful pipe. I agree to smoke what you're familiar with to see how she does.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Wow! that is a beautiful pipe. You guys are great advertising for Mr. Davis. Going to have to consider my first artisan custom pipe. Now the question is how to get it by the wife! LOL

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
One of the best looking Rads I've seen. Everything holds together really nice -- shape, color, texture -- you got a great one!

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Beautiful pipe DP, I'm gonna go against the grain and say for up that Plum Pudding, you won't be sorry :)

Status
Not open for further replies.