PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
While I've been smoking pipes for about 2 months now, I've only been smoking a hand-me-down no name and a few MM cobs that a friend gave to me. So today I sucked it up and purchased my very own pipe. Here it is in all it's glory:
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/savinelli/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=118177
I've always wanted a churchwarden, and I've been growing quite fond of the rusticated look. And as I was perusing SmokingPipes this thing caught my eye and just wouldn't let it go until my order was placed. I'm incredibly excited for it to arrive! Just wanted to share with you good people.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I've seen this thing up there for a while, and I've wondered to myself,

"What kind of person would buy this thing?"
Now we know.
Congrats on the new pipe. Post a pic smoking it when she arrives!

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
Thanks!
I was curious as to how I'd handle the filter situation. None of my current pipes have used them so I was leaning towards just removing it. I suppose I could keep it around and give it a try in the future.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Home:
Welcome to the wonderful world of Savinelli. I've got several and they smoke just fine without a filter.
Please let us know how it smokes, okay?
Fnord

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Very nice pipe my friend, and that will be a nice accompaniment for your TAD order :)
When I clicked on your link it said the pipe was sold out. Did you in fact place the order and get a confirm that it is in stock? I love churchwardens although I only own 1.
Do let us know how it smokes

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome to the site. My only churchwarden is a Savinelli 601, black, rusticated, about

ten inches with a highly curved stem and no filter. I am greatly pleased with it, a Christmas

gift from my wife. I might not have tried a churchwarden on my own. Now that you have

the filter (and the adapter not to use the filter) you can try them both. For a while in Europe,

they didn't sell many unfiltered pipes; they really went over to filters, 6 mm, 9 mm, and I

guess some others. The U.S. market is pretty throughly non-filters, although some on

Forums do filtered pipes. Your churchwarden looks great and is a strong start.

homeatsea

Mar 6, 2013
Thanks for the wisdom everyone. I'll have to see what all this filter business is about once I have the pipe in hand to understand all the in's and out's of filters and adapters and such.
Yaz, I see now that it says its sold out. It definitely did not say that when I purchased it and I have heard that SmokingPipes does automatic inventory updating so I may have bought the last one.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Think you're going to like that one Home. Savi pipes are so nice but also affordable. I have 3 and they're all fantastic. I love my 4 MM Cobs too though.

brassonly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2012
Looks like a very nice pipe. Glad you took the plunge & ordered yourself a churchwarden.I
Code:
<br />
<pre><code>s

ll get many hours of wonderful smoking out of that baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.