PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have been wanting a pipe from Trevor for close to a year now but either they were to small or too big and expensive. So tonight I get his update and lo and behold a pipe fits my criteria. I do own one Cherrywood by Scott Thile and now a Poker my Trevor Talbert. I can only show links to the pipe right now but have asked Trevor to send me photos that I can store in my photobucket account. Here is the link to the pipe with descriptions and detailing the stem made of horn. I am totally excited about getting this pipe as it is my first poker and my first Talbert. The pipe size is a large group 3 to a small 4 and I think it will be a flake smoking machine. From what I have read over the last year plus, the Collector grade of the Ligne Bretagne is the highest grade and the blast on this baby looks as good as most of his high line pipes. Once I het some pics to post I will put them up but for the time being you can see the pipe on his site.
I decided that after all I have been through with my kidney stones, I was deserving of a gift for myself. So here she is. OI thought the price of 315.00 was very fair so I had no problem pulling the trigger on it.

http://www.talbertpipes.pair.com/bretagne-catalog/13C17lb.shtml

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Go big or go home right? Nice one! I bet you could feel those rings for days...

May 31, 2012
HELL YES
Man, that blast is spectacular, full-on deep spiderwebville!
Congrats on finally finding the right one from Trevor and it came at the perfect time,

ain't heard nuthin' but great things about the LB line and you got yourself a jawdroppin' poker smoker for sure!
Good goddamighty, if I wuz wearin' panties they'd be wet!
And I mean drippin' wet, like real moist 'n stuff.
Happy days ahead with that good looker, let us know how she smokes!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
That is an amazing looking pipe Harris. Love the blast on it and the horn stem looks amazing. Be sure to give us a smoking report on it and let us know how that stem feels when you can. Congratulations on a real beauty buddy!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Very nice! I held a few Ligne Bretagne pipes in Richmond and was very impressed.

You are very particular about your stems, I'm curious to see how you like the bone stem, that seems to be an acquired taste. Those strummels are very old, and that is a beauty!

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
FYI, if you didn't already know (I'm sure Harris did), Ligne Bretagne is French for Straight Britanny, both words feminine, Britanny being a region in northwest France. Nice poker.

mrjerke

Lifer
Jun 10, 2013
Midwest
Sweet ring grain. Interested to see how you like the French horn stem. I dig that half stained tint as well.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Good for you Harris, Treavor studied under Paul Perri whom I have many of his pipes, it will be a fine smoker for you, Classic looking pipe. Hope you are feeling better as I type this.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
That, I believe, is what's referred to as a shilling blast.

Congrats Harris, on a truly stunning pipe.

Jeeze, whatta blast on that one.

Plus, the horn stem.

Yowza!

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations Harris on your new pipe. I hope all will go well with your procedures on Monday so that your pain can go away and the healing can begin.
I hope the pipe smokes well and you can enjoy it for many years.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks for the nice comments guys.
Doug, they were able to blast the stone as I am seeing the bits and pieces come out as I have to screen my urine. It is bloody as hell but at least they are passing.
I am smoking the pipe as I type and it is smoking like a champ. Cool and dry and the Rotary Navy Cut that I chose to smoke in it tastes great. The horn stem is not the most comfortable of my artisan stems but it is certainly not a bad stem. It could be flatter, but since the pipe is so light clenching is not a problem. The blast on this pipe is incredible as the pics do not do it justice. This will certainly not be my last Bretagne or my last Talbert as I am thinking of a commission I want him to do for me. If anyone is thinking of grabbing a Ligne Bretagne, don't hesitate as it really is a top of the line smoker especially for the price.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Just love that pipe. Like you I have been dying to get a Talbert pipe, but have never been able find what I want in my price range.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
What an incredibly dense sandblast finish. The growth rings in that briar are as tight as a *****.

Kashmir is right on when he described it as a Shilling Blast like the Dunhill line which was similar in appearance.

Let us know how you like the horn stem, it compliments the stain perfectly and looks like an Antique.

Glad to see that the kidney stone episode is on the mend, I can't imagine the pain, it hurt just hearing of your ailment.

Cheers,

Andy

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Very, very nice . I 've come to expect nothing less than pure class every time you post one of your pipes or future purchases! Congrats and thank you for sharing . :puffpipe:

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Harris:
I'm glad you are able to enjoy your pipe. Hopefully the remaining amount of the kidney stones will pass without too much pain. I hope all goes well when they remove the stent so you can heal quickly.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Andy, the horn stem is not my favorite material nor is his style of stem my favorite but considering how light the pipe is(34grams)it is still a pleasure to clench, it could be a bit flatter and thinner and not as rounded but I am splitting hairs really. It definitely is not a Rad stem, but it is still better than many of the factory pipes I have smoked, so I am enjoying it.
kcghost, I know exactly what you mean. I have been looking at Trevors pipes for over a year now and finally got one that fit my criteria.
Irish, that was very kind of you to say, thanks.
Michael, I know what you mean about pokers, it is a shape that just does not sing to me, but this one did. When I see a poker, I think of an old Amish guy with a beard but no mustache. It is just a look for old guys to me for some reason. My Thile Cherrywood convinced me that this style of pipe is a killer for smoking flakes and this Poker from Talbert just reinforced that idea for me. I think if you buy one to smoke your St James flake, I believe you will really enjoy it.
Doug, the stent removal went fine today so I am definitely on the mend and should be pain free in another 4 days or so. Thanks buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.