PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
While opening and preparing to jar a pound of G&H Dark Flake Scented this evening, something on the flakes caught my eye. My first thought was oh crap, mold! But after a closer look under a bright light, I noticed the places that I saw sparkled. I excitedly rushed downstairs to show my wife and said "look at this! Do you know what this is?!" She said, "mold?" "No, it's plume!!!" I said. Anyway, I'm going to try to post some pics. It's been awhile, so no promises.

tbArMKE.jpg

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Thanks John! Those little crystals were laced throughout the entire pound and I felt like a kid handling candy. Planning on firing up a bowl this morning.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
You'll have to follow up with your impressions.
I agree with jpmcwjr ... terrific picture!

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
I bet your wife couldn't care less if it was plume or mold lol

Sean, you're right. She just gave me a blank stare and a "hmm", then went back to what she was doing.
You'll have to follow up with your impressions.

This is my first experience with this blend and am just getting into trying different Lakeland blends, which I really like so far by the way. So, being I'm just getting my feet wet with these, I can't make a comparison to anything else, let along the same blend without plume. Knowing this blend is supposed to pack a punch, I smoked it in a small bowl after having a little breakfast. It didn't want to rub out to much more than good sized cubes and I gravity filled my pipe with those. Maybe I was just in too big of a hurry. I'll try to break it down a little more next time because I had a hell of a time keeping it lit.
Overall, other than the combustion issue, I thought it was really good and enjoyed it very much. I didn't think it was as Lakeland-y as something like Ennerdale or even Coniston Cut Plug but more of a licorice taste - and sweet. I'm terrible at detecting nicotine content of any blend but I didn't get any noticeable effects from it. This was my maiden voyage with this stuff and I've got some Bob's Chocolate Flake to try too - no plume on it though. Having a great time, I must say.

Status
Not open for further replies.