PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
I've formerly acquired three Petersons, all Saint Patrick's Days from the last three years, all XL90 shape. I fell in love with the XL90 shape when I purchased my first Pete, the 2013 St Patty. This is a pipe with a substantial bowl that feels great in the hand. I've yet to hold a pipe as comfortable in the hand as these. It is a great sit down, relaxation kind of pipe. Rarely do I get a chance to purchase two pipes within a month, but I had a little extra spending money and began looking around. I wasn't completely sure I wanted to spend the money just yet, but it never hurts to look.
I was browsing pipes at smokingpipes.com, just to browse really, when a walnut silver spigot caught my eye.... in a big way. Another XL90 but this one with a silver spigot mount, with a beautiful walnut stain. It was the only walnut spigot and one of only a few XL90 in a sea of red and green stained spigot pipes. It spoke to me. I fell in love again. While browsing other sites, I passed the Pete up and considered a few other pipes here and there I liked as well. But I kept going back to look at that Pete. Over the course of a few days, I kept browsing elsewhere and returning to Smoking Pipes expecting it to be gone. It was after all the only one. But every time I returned, it was still there. I decided it must be fate... or perhaps just luck, and I pulled the trigger.
002-029-23864.jpg
[/url][/img]
It really is a handsome fella, is it not? Even if you're not a Pete fan, one has to admit it's a fine looking pipe.
It arrived today and I couldn't be happier. As is often the case, the pipe looks even better in person than in the photos. Not that it matters, I suppose being a spigot, but I gave it the pipe cleaner test anyway and it does indeed pass a cleaner. And I really like the stem Peterson used on this. The stem is much nicer than the saddle stems used on my lower dollar St Patty's Day pipes. I really like the shape and the feel. Not that I dislike the others, mind you, but I think this is a much nicer stem. The silver spigot works very well with the color of the stain on this pipe, giving it a very classy and masculine, and intelligent appearance. While sitting at outside of a coffee shop I would imagine it would give you the same appearance.... "I have class, I'm a man, and The Thinking Man Smokes A Peterson." See what I did there? And just like my other XL90s I love the way this pipe feels in the hand.
I have decided this will be my last XL90 shape for a while.... or at least until next years Saint Patty's Day pipes come out. There are other Pete shapes I'd like to acquire as well. I like the look of the B10, the 05, the B42 and a few others. At some point I'd like at least one of those. But enough of that.... here are more photos of recently acquired pipe in hand.
CAM01110.jpg
[/url][/img]
CAM01112.jpg
[/url][/img]
CAM01113.jpg
[/url][/img]
CAM01111.jpg
[/url][/img]
My four Petes. St Pat 2015, St Pat 2013, Walnut Spigot, and St Pat 2014.
CAM01116.jpg
[/url][/img]
I've not yet packed a bowl in the spigot, but will very soon. If not tonight, then tomorrow for sure. As usual when I get a new pipe, I'm as happy as a kid in a candy store :D

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That is indeed a very handsome pipe. Some very nice grain on that one.

It also appears to be quite happy nestled amongst the other Petes in the rack.

Enjoy. :puffy:

billypm

Can't Leave
Oct 24, 2013
If I didn't already love Petes that pipe would make me start. Truly lovely. VERY well done!

ivapewithfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2014
West Virginia, USA
Oh my that is sexy! Love it.
I have to ask, in the picture of you Peterson collection, what is the second one from the left. I LOVE the coloring on that one. Is it a Shannon?

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks, all. :) I'm smoking it for the first time as I type this. So far it's performing honorably and I'm quite happy.
Rob, that is indeed my St Pat 2013. My first Peterson, and my best smoker. That is the pipe that began my love affair with the XL90 shape. Many firsts for that pipe. First Peterson, first XL90, first pipe over 60 dollars, first St. Patty pipe.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
I have 2 of the Pete spigots and they are, indeed, good burners with a classic shape.
Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.