PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seth

Lurker
Feb 3, 2012
So my mom up in Indiana told me she'd keep an eye out for me for pipes. She called the other night and scored a Peterson's Irish Whiskey XL90 in a flea market for $3.50! Woohoo!!! She sent it to me and I just got it today. If it had been smoked more than once or twice I'd be surprised! Is there any way to determine it's age? Im including pics of course, but the print on the bottom if you can't make it out is "Peterson's Irish Whiskey, Made in the republic of Ireland, XL90" No other markings anywhere else on it. It sure feels nice in my hand, far and away the nicest pipe I have. It will be my 2nd favorite (Nothing will ever top my old Strauss, my first refurb). Anyway, here she is:
Finished1.jpg

PetersonsIrishXL90.jpg

orionpyoung

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2012
Marquette Michigan
Nice score! That's pretty awesome for only $3.50, but sorry I have little experience in the field of dating pipes. Could we possibly get a side profile of that beauty.

seth

Lurker
Feb 3, 2012
Here it is from the side. Just finished my first smoke in her. Nice and cool. This may sound dumb, I am left handed but this pipe only feels right in my right hand. It feels awkward in my left for some reason, just doesn't fit. Anyway, from the side:
SIde.jpg

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I don't own a pete yet. My first will be one of the smooth/green churchwardens they make that are BEYOND sexy.
They don't last but a few hours on a site before I see them vanish before my very eyes.
Very nice Pete BTW Your mom hunted that Pete down!

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
it was made sometime after 1949 if it says republic of Irland. thats the best I can do on dating it right now

seth

Lurker
Feb 3, 2012
I wrote Peterson and got a reply a day later. I figure anyone from Sallynoggin must be pretty cool:
Dear Sir
Thank you for your enquiry and here is the requested information.
IRISH WHISKEY PIPES
1) First manufactured circa 1995/96.
2) With Double Brass Ring and available in Smooth and Sandblast finish.
3) Only pipes mounted with silver or gold can be dated accurately by reading the dates on the Hallmarks.
We hope this information is of help.
Kind regards
Angela Fortune
Kapp & Peterson Limited
T/A Peterson of Dublin
Peterson House
Sallynoggin
Co. Dublin
IRELAND
Tel: +353-1-2851011
Fax: +353-1-2856593

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Nice score for $3.50 ! :worship: made me jealous. And congratulations on your first Pete !
And btw... Angela rocks ! She's always very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.