PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
Saw this on eBay and couldn't pass it up. Not my favorite shape but the grain got me.
img_1548-600x450.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That's a sharp little pot! Very underrated shape in my opinion. Love that grain! :clap:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Amazing. I just returned a mega-buck (for me anyway) Amber Spigot because of flaws in the briar, this from the same folks who kick out an Aran with grain like that, great grab.

Jan 8, 2013
Amazing. I just returned a mega-buck (for me anyway) Amber Spigot because of flaws in the briar, this from the same folks who kick out an Aran with grain like that, great grab.
I saw that. It wasn't that bad, and on any other pipe I could have lived with that flaw. But those natural amber spigots are pricey (honestly a little too pricey just for the amber in my opinion)and that stummel should never have been used for that line of pipes. I would have sent it back too. As much as I love Peterson and defend them, I'm a bit disappointed in their QC for that one.

jensen

Can't Leave
Apr 10, 2016
Peterson amber spigot. As ssjones says a mega - buck. I had to ask the madam for a sponsorship.

The luck was, that she was not much angry that day.

It has arrived from the UK, a small bent shape 65 with a 85 mm long stem - the longest I have seen

on those. Clean bowl, fine grain.

I think I would have keept it, even with a small flaw.

jensen

Can't Leave
Apr 10, 2016
By the way uperepik, very fine looking pipe and I hope you will get as

much pleasure from it as I get from my Arans and .........Petersons.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
That is nice grain. Agree on the price of those amber spigots-unbelievably pricey. So, what was the flaw? didn't get a chance to see it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Peterson has a way of designing pipes that have a lot of style with that same sense of heft, even some of the less bulky ones. I think the pot shape is a good one, nice broad bowl.

deleon

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 7, 2011
Texas
That is a nice grain congratulations on your first Peterson. Once you buy one you'll start looking for another!

Status
Not open for further replies.